Very large runny stool with bad smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, my bearded dragon beaker has been very lazy recently he just sits on his log all day and occasionally gets up to use the bathroom, eat or drink. He is kind of dark, but when I take him out to run he brightens right up and runs and explores everywhere. Thanks for any help.

Lighting:

1 100 watt high power UVA basking bulb.

1 CHE

1 T8 reptisun 10.0 hung beneath the screen

His temps are: 110 basking, 80 cool side. I use a temp gun to measure

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The T 8 has no plastic cover over the bulb and is approx 6-8 inches from basking decor and is not over 6 months old???????? He needs to have a fecal done--- what are you feeding for a staple insect?
Karrie

BeakerARand19

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1luctivi said:
The T 8 has no plastic cover over the bulb and is approx 6-8 inches from basking decor and is not over 6 months old???????? He needs to have a fecal done--- what are you feeding for a staple insect?
Karrie

Yes, it has no cover, 7 inches from basking spot but is 6 months old. i do have a replacement on hand and will be changing it right now. his staple insect has been crickets due to a shortage of superworms. but as soon as i can get more i will.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Can you get dubias? If so get some-- bad smell could also mean parasites-- can you take a fecal in for testing? Drop it off and go from there-- but first change out UVB and see what happens
Karrie

BeakerARand19

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2etuho5m said:
Can you get dubias? If so get some-- bad smell could also mean parasites-- can you take a fecal in for testing? Drop it off and go from there-- but first change out UVB and see what happens
Karrie

I changed the bulb, I will wait and see if his stool gets better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom