Pale baby beardie tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pdanner6277

108788-7405769289.jpg
First time beardie owner here so if this is just me being paranoid I'm sorry! My baby beardie, Mushu, has shed once while in my care so far and this was a couple weeks ago. I kept an eye on his shedding and I never saw his tail actually shedding. I could have missed it but I didn't even see broken skin, just pale skin. Since then, his tail has remained pale, no signs of tail rot that I can see, I check every day. He is getting ready to shed again, he's starting to rub his face on things and scrath himself. I have given him a few baths in shed aid and this did absolutely nothing for his tail. When I got him, his tail was the exact same color as his body and it did not become pale until he shed the first time. I'm concerned because after trying a few methods to help his tail shed I have had no success. Other forums say it's normal but what has me most worried is that I didn't see any shed come off of his tail at all when he shed last.
108788-1995927301.jpg
This is my first time posting on here so forgive me if the photos are messed up lol. They aren't quite showing how drastic the contrast is between his tail and body but hopefully it gives you enough of an idea.

Thank you in advance for any responses! I really appreciate it ??

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, that's perfectly normal [ I have raised many beardies from the egg ] so just let it happen naturally. They shed in crazy phases so don't worry a bit.

Pdanner6277

Original Poster
AHBD":3j9lo7ot said:
Hi there, that's perfectly normal [ I have raised many beardies from the egg ] so just let it happen naturally. They shed in crazy phases so don't worry a bit.

Thank you so much!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom