Health concerns! Please help very scared!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Hi everyone! So I've made 2 posts within 24hours about health concerns and I have more. I'll include those in this post as well. So I made a post about me fearing about yellow fungus because she has been shedding a lot when I got her she had just shed, then about a week or 2 later she shed her body and a week or so from that she shed her arms and tail and now she's shedding her body again, I've heard this is a sign of internal yellow fungus. should I be concerned? Next, does she have gout?
108349-2565106415.jpg
Does this look like it? I feed her 10 dubias and 4 supers a day is that too much protein for an 8-month-old? Next adenovirus. Does this look like stargazing?
108349-2389155389.jpg
should I be concerned? And a few little things she's been pooping once a day solid but with a pool of liquid but today she pooped twice is that normal? I'm so scared of coccidia. It seems like she's been stressed recently maybe because of the shed but shes been glass surfing a little bit and has her stress marks. Also when I first got her she had 3 white worms in her poop that were thought to be pinworms by people on here I didn't take her to the vet because they went away but I'm scared she still ahs them I also feel like she hasn't gained much weight but maybe she has I'm just super scared I'm doing something wrong and shes not ok.

Basking temps:97-105 degrees
Warm temps:90-95 degrees
Cool temps:87degrees
Humidity(during the day):42-45%
Humidity(at night):50-55%
Tank size:50 gallons
Lighting:Currently Evergreen Pets MVB but switching to the reptisun T5 24watt on the outside of the tank and the Exoterra daylight 100watt bulb for basking
Eats:2 salads and 10 dubia and 4 supers a day sometimes 2 waxworms as treats
Dusting:Currently 5 days calcium without D3 but when lighting changes calcium with D3 and 2 days vitamin
Age: Suspected 8 months * I got her from the pet store a month ago and the guy said she was there for about 6 months*

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
No that is not star gazing- she needs salads-- visit the feeding board topic nutrition website- ignore the kale thing it's a good staple feeder--- she needs these every morning- it does not look like gout- is she sensitive when touching the leg? I have not heard of internal yellow fungus nor from shedding- shedding means she's growing and healthy--- extra water coming out means she's hydrated- one way to keep hydration up is to feed salads rinse her greens before serving - if she's pooping 2 times a day that is good- if she has really smelly poop the kind that makes you leave the room that could be a sign of parasites or if she quits eating or becomes lethargic could be a sign of parasites- then we would also be asking about her lighting-- when you get your UVB and placing on top of screen make sure your basking decor is 8-10 inches directly underneath- if you need assurance about the gout PM Tracie she's the vet moderator
Karrie

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":2q638ilc said:
No that is not star gazing- she needs salads-- visit the feeding board topic nutrition website- ignore the kale thing it's a good staple feeder--- she needs these every morning- it does not look like gout- is she sensitive when touching the leg? I have not heard of internal yellow fungus nor from shedding- shedding means she's growing and healthy--- extra water coming out means she's hydrated- one way to keep hydration up is to feed salads rinse her greens before serving - if she's pooping 2 times a day that is good- if she has really smelly poop the kind that makes you leave the room that could be a sign of parasites or if she quits eating or becomes lethargic could be a sign of parasites- then we would also be asking about her lighting-- when you get your UVB and placing on top of screen make sure your basking decor is 8-10 inches directly underneath- if you need assurance about the gout PM Tracie she's the vet moderator
Karrie
Thank you for the response! I really appreciate it. No, she is not sensitive when I touch her leg thankfully. Her poop is really smelly I can handle it though. I've been nervous to take her to a vet because where I live I haven't been able to find one that is extremely reputable.

WinFam01

Juvie Member
Ours is a similar age and she sometimes poos 2x a day - once it was 3 times!

I think Ziggy looks great, but I am still new.

I was confused about the shedding at first too - it's just that they shed in parts so they are shedding their whole body over a period of time and then it can almost seem like they start right back over. It's just because they are growing so much at first.

We feed our similar aged girl about 20-30 bsfl + 8-10 dubia total a day (split into 2 feedings) plus she gets her salad (greens + usually squash and colored bell pepper) I don't know that this is the "right" amount but it seems to work for us and sounds like you are giving a similar equivalent. I would suggest getting some bsfl for a staple rather than the supers. Supers are fine but a little harder to digest and the bsfl are so calcium packed you don't even have to dust them!

HTH give you a little peace of mind. These forums are great but I find myself getting a bit worried sometimes too because of all I read on here. Kind of a blessing and a curse. ;)

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
WinFam01":unoolm07 said:
Ours is a similar age and she sometimes poos 2x a day - once it was 3 times!

I think Ziggy looks great, but I am still new.

I was confused about the shedding at first too - it's just that they shed in parts so they are shedding their whole body over a period of time and then it can almost seem like they start right back over. It's just because they are growing so much at first.

We feed our similar aged girl about 20-30 bsfl + 8-10 dubia total a day (split into 2 feedings) plus she gets her salad (greens + usually squash and colored bell pepper) I don't know that this is the "right" amount but it seems to work for us and sounds like you are giving a similar equivalent. I would suggest getting some bsfl for a staple rather than the supers. Supers are fine but a little harder to digest and the bsfl are so calcium packed you don't even have to dust them!

HTH give you a little peace of mind. These forums are great but I find myself getting a bit worried sometimes too because of all I read on here. Kind of a blessing and a curse. ;)
I feed my girl pretty much the same veggies you do! I've always wanted to get her bsfl I've heard its so good for them. I love learning about beardies I did so much research before I got her but I've been looking at health things to look for and it was defiantly a bit of an anxiety trigger :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom