Status
Not open for further replies.

Krikula22

108692-9808325897.jpg
108692-2614300377.jpg
108692-1632333845.jpg
108692-7037012279.jpg

Hi there!
My beardie, Cthulhu, is about 5-6 years old, I just noticed today this kinda droopy roundish thing in the middle of his neck. It’s soft and doesn’t feel to have anything in it, feels just like skin. It doesn’t bother him when I touch and poke at it, has anyone else’s experience this? Is it a cause for concern ?
Otherwise he is acting, eating & drinking normally. Same energy level. No change in behaviour
Thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
He could be storing food there-- I have heard they do that- what are you feeding him?
Karrie

Krikula22

Original Poster
KarrieRee":16m7iutv said:
He could be storing food there-- I have heard they do that- what are you feeding him?
Karrie

His main diet is a variety of salad & super worms, he gets horned worms as a treat once a month

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok superworms are not a good staple worm - I would look into getting him some dubia roaches or silk worms or even crickets -- I don't like crickets - silks and dubias are a really good staple feeder--- I am gonna have Tracie our vet mod take a look at him and see what she thinks
and ahbd she is very knowledgeable as well - Tracie is on at night
Karrie

Krikula22

Original Poster
KarrieRee":i3yjqym8 said:
Ok superworms are not a good staple worm - I would look into getting him some dubia roaches or silk worms or even crickets -- I don't like crickets - silks and dubias are a really good staple feeder--- I am gonna have Tracie our vet mod take a look at him and see what she thinks
and ahbd she is very knowledgeable as well - Tracie is on at night
Karrie

Okay thank you very much, I will change his diet!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

A good variety of insects is fine. Superworms are good as long as he gets variety. How long
has the lump been present for? Is it hard or soft to the touch?
They often store food in their throats but should go down within a few hours most of the time.
Does it seem to bother him at all?
Does he eat his greens or veggies on a normal basis?
If the swelling doesn't go down though, I would recommend getting him in to see a vet for
analysis just to be sure it isn't an abscess or some type of infection going on.

Tracie

Krikula22

Original Poster
Drache613":1h1dvyx7 said:
Hello,

A good variety of insects is fine. Superworms are good as long as he gets variety. How long
has the lump been present for? Is it hard or soft to the touch?
They often store food in their throats but should go down within a few hours most of the time.
Does it seem to bother him at all?
Does he eat his greens or veggies on a normal basis?
If the swelling doesn't go down though, I would recommend getting him in to see a vet for
analysis just to be sure it isn't an abscess or some type of infection going on.

Tracie

I noticed it last night. It is the visual shape of a lump but when I touch/poke/pinch it, it doesn’t feel like anything is in it, feels just like a bunch of skin (I don’t know if that makes sense) wouldn’t say it’s to fatty. I checked again this morning, still there just a bit smaller. Doesn’t bother him at all when I touch it. Food, water & energy Level is still the same. No behaviour difference. He eats veggies regularly

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, great. So, it seems to be smaller today then?
I would just watch to be sure it dissipates fully. If it isn't bothering him then he should be
just fine. This is a somewhat regular occurrence & usually corrects itself more times than
not.
I'm glad to hear he is doing fine & is acting normal then. I hope it continues to reduce in
size!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom