My bearded dragon is hiding during the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennaw

Hey everybody! Recently (probably the last 2-3 weeks) my bearded dragon Bruni has been hiding a lot during the day. He snuggles with me at night a lot and often falls asleep on my bed so I'll put him in his hammock underneath his basking spot to sleep at night so he'll wake up underneath it in the morning. In the past this hasn't been a problem, he used to bask all day. Now though, when his lights go on in the morning he'll wake up and crawl underneath his hammock where it's dark and hide underneath there most of the day. He will still come out to bask some days but not like he used to. I was hoping someone might know what's going on or if I'm doing something wrong, I really want him to be okay. Here's some info about him and his set up:
He is roughly 2 years old, I got him in March from his previous owners.
He's in a Zen Habitat 4'x2'x'2 enclosure
He has a Reptisun 10.0 UVB T5 bulb and a 100 watt basking bulb from thrive
His lights go on at 7:00 in the morning and go off at 7:00 at night, they're on a timer.
Tile flooring which I put in yesterday, he used to be on shelf liner
Basking spot is typically around 90-100, he has a few spots to pick from
The cool side is 84 although he rarely goes over there
He gets about 4-5 dubia roaches and 3-4 superworms every 2-3 days and a salad every other day (sometimes mustard greens, collard greens, bok choy, bell pepper, berries, carrots, squash, etc) with calcium powder and bee pollen and occasionally a multivitamin
Also when I first got him he had some badddd diarrhea so I took him to the vet and he had two types of worms which he got treated for. He's recently had diarrhea again so I called the vet and they think he probably reinfected himself so he'll be getting another round of treatment for that, but he didn't act like this when he had worms the first time so I'm not sure if that's the reason why? If you have any questions about his set up let me know, I'd really like some help/input from some other beardie owners!

kennaw":s4soei5a said:
Hey everybody! Recently (probably the last 2-3 weeks) my bearded dragon Bruni has been hiding a lot during the day. He snuggles with me at night a lot and often falls asleep on my bed so I'll put him in his hammock underneath his basking spot to sleep at night so he'll wake up underneath it in the morning. In the past this hasn't been a problem, he used to bask all day. Now though, when his lights go on in the morning he'll wake up and crawl underneath his hammock where it's dark and hide underneath there most of the day. He will still come out to bask some days but not like he used to. I was hoping someone might know what's going on or if I'm doing something wrong, I really want him to be okay. Here's some info about him and his set up:
He is roughly 2 years old, I got him in March from his previous owners.
He's in a Zen Habitat 4'x2'x'2 enclosure
He has a Reptisun 10.0 UVB T5 bulb and a 100 watt basking bulb from thrive
His lights go on at 7:00 in the morning and go off at 7:00 at night, they're on a timer.
Tile flooring which I put in yesterday, he used to be on shelf liner
Basking spot is typically around 90-100, he has a few spots to pick from
The cool side is 84 although he rarely goes over there
He gets about 4-5 dubia roaches and 3-4 superworms every 2-3 days and a salad every other day (sometimes mustard greens, collard greens, bok choy, bell pepper, berries, carrots, squash, etc) with calcium powder and bee pollen and occasionally a multivitamin
Also when I first got him he had some badddd diarrhea so I took him to the vet and he had two types of worms which he got treated for. He's recently had diarrhea again so I called the vet and they think he probably reinfected himself so he'll be getting another round of treatment for that, but he didn't act like this when he had worms the first time so I'm not sure if that's the reason why? If you have any questions about his set up let me know, I'd really like some help/input from some other beardie owners!
Your beardie might me going through brumation. Or sometimes, like mines, he will go in his cave and rest for a bit. He might just be lazy, but other than that he/she seems fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom