I think my guy is sick, grey spots on bottom of belly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TibbInd

Hi, I've had my male bearded dragon since november and I'm worried about him. I don't remember these spots and I'm positive they showed up randomly about 2 months ago.

As much research as I can do, I cannot for the life of me figure out what is going wrong. I'm very worried.

He has a sizable enclosure with a long UVB light, he has good health (85-100°F), humidity was an issue for a bit but I've got it down to 40. (Was 50)

He eats and loves dubia roaches but I have to fight to get him to eat veggies and greens.

http://imgur.com/gallery/9nurk0M

Here is a pic of the grey spot. Does anyone have any clue what it is? There isn't any yellow tint to it so I tossed that aside but I could still be wrong.

Because of covid-19 i have no job and no money, I won't be able to take him to a vet for a while, nor do I know where one near me is.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Are you feeding carrots? It looks like food and possible shed coming on
Karrie

TibbInd

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2g73b2b5 said:
Are you feeding carrots? It looks like food and possible shed coming on
Karrie

I have some carrots for him rn, but he's just naturally a bright orange/red. His body has gotten these dark spots and then they peel off to expose a smoother brighter set of scales. It doesn't feel like his usual shed, but I wouldn't throw out the shed entirely. Is it possible the dark scales are like a shed that's kind of stuck? from my experience his shed gets a much lighter color, not darker.

I am thinking he might have been laying under his tree which I found to be surprisingly hot, is this what a burn tends to look like? if so how can I treat it? I unplugged the pad just in case

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please no heat pads you dont need it-- a bright white basking bulb that keeps temps 95-110 for an adult -- a good TUBE UVB are all you need if your tank is falling below 65 at nite then I recommend a CHE ceramic heat emitter --- they can get darker when they are gonna shed or they can turn a whitish / grey or I call it opaque look -- no that does not look like a burn - I was looking at the two dots by the shed --- that are orange in color --
Karrie

TibbInd

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1rkp0erc said:
Please no heat pads you dont need it-- a bright white basking bulb that keeps temps 95-110 for an adult -- a good TUBE UVB are all you need if your tank is falling below 65 at nite then I recommend a CHE ceramic heat emitter --- they can get darker when they are gonna shed or they can turn a whitish / grey or I call it opaque look -- no that does not look like a burn - I was looking at the two dots by the shed --- that are orange in color --
Karrie

He himself is very orange and as far as I can tell those spots have always been there, it's mostly just the black/grey spots growing on his armpits that worried me

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The spots are growing? That does not sound good-- I would make an appt for a reptile vet and get him in here is a website to find a vet www.arav.org
I am going to have someone else on here look at those spots AHBD and Tracie our vet mod
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, can you post new pics of the belly area with the spots ? Does he seem uncomfortable or acting normal ? You can get some silver sulfadiazine cream or medi honey at Walmart to put on those areas.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Did you ever post pictures of this for us?
Do try to get some raw, unpasteurized honey or silver cream to put on those areas. You are
sure that it isn't a shed, correct?
Does it seem to be bothering him or affecting his appetite?

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom