New baby bearded dragon won’t eat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordanr123

Hello everyone, my girlfriend and I recently bought a fancy bearded dragon from petsmart. We got him a 40 gallon tank, a UV light and a heat lamp. His basking area is roughly between 100-105 degrees. Sometimes he will eat, most of the time he won’t. The most he’s ate is 2 crickets, and 5 worms in one day. And on a separate day 3 days later he’s had 1 worm. I’m very concerned, we’ve had him for 10 days and is just reluctant to eat. Can someone please help with what to do?

Thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The UVB your using is a coil or tube? Its not uncommon for them to not eat alot as he is going thru relocation stress but he should not quit eating all together please go over your husbandry -- brand and bulb of the UVB and where is it on top of the tank or inside it- basking temps what are they are how are you taking them - NO stick ons they are inaccurate -- the lighting is the most crucial thing in the tank ---
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom