Bearded dragon won’t open eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamarvan

Hello, my bearded dragon hasn’t been opening her eyes for about a week and a half now. She’s about 4 years old, I clean them everyday with solution, she’ll open them for very little and then close again. I did take her to the vet and they didn’t say anything was wrong they sent me with drops and I’ve been applying them twice a day as well as cleaning them before applying but still nothing. She’s always given me eye issues but again the vets never find anything but this is the very first time she has had them closed for this long. I’ve been feeding her sweet potato baby food mixed with the repti-calcium powder. I just don’t know what could be wrong :(

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The lighting --- what are you using for a UVB? Brand and bulb? Where in the tank is it on top of screen or inside the tank? Coil or tube? Basking bulb is it a bright white bulb ? Any colored bulbs?
Karrie

Tamarvan

Original Poster
It’s the long Zilla slime line Desert light and the repti sun 10.0uvb bulb it sits on top on the screen. I was recommended to use that instead of what I had when I first got her at 10months. Her bulb is a yellow light 100w

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Zilla slime line Desert light and the repti sun 10.0uvb bulb-- is the desert light a UVB or basking bulb? the 10.0 UVB is a coil or a tube? The yellow light is a basking bulb ? Please get a bright white basking bulb --- the UVB if its a coil this is or can be the cause of the eye issues along w/ that yellow light--- if your using a coil and shes in a tank of 40+ gallon it basically is not giving adequate UVB --- please get rid of it and replace w/ this a 24" fixture w/ reflector and a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb ASAP-
Karrie

Tamarvan

Original Poster
Yes the zilla lime is the uvb lamp for desert with the 10.0 T5 tube uvb bulb, it’s not coil. The heat bulb is coil for basking. But it is yellow light so I’ll give switching it to white a try. Thank you

SPandS

Juvie Member
How have her eyes been since changing the heat bulb? What kind of bulb did you change it to? I've never heard of a coil heat bulb, they are known to not put out much heat.

Tamarvan

Original Poster
There has not been any change. I will be taking her to another vet for an all health check up

Draven88

Hatchling Member
The Zilla slim line you have is it this one linked?

https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/reptile/reptile-heating-lighting/zilla-slimline-desert-50-uvb-t8-fluorescent-fixture

First they come with a plastic cover over the light that absolutely needs to go (blocks UVB). They do have a reflector but when compared to a reptisun fixture its not as good (does not reflect as much light and by extension UVB). As far as I am aware they don't have a T5 model that I have ever seen.

How far away is the UVB and is it inside or on top of a screen? How old is the tube bulb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom