Is my beardie okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee23

108402-1231961605.jpg
]Hello I’m new to this site and I’m a new beardie owner. 2 weeks ago or so my little sister gave me her beardie because she doesn’t have a job anymore (she’s 17) and so I took him in for her. He’s been doing great.

I don’t know how to add photos to this just yet so I’m sorry. I’m still trying to figure it out.

I can’t tell if he’s just getting fat or if he’s bloated or has something else wrong with him. He’s pooped 3 days in a row and he’s acting as he usually does. I may be a bit paranoid and always check on him to make sure he’s okay but I don’t want to mess up and make him sick or kill him. I’m annoying I know and I apologize for it.

108402-8706551334.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What kind of UVB are you using? Is it a tube fixture or a coil in a dome? He will go thru relocation stress so if he slows down on his eating that is normal - if he stops eating that is not good -- you can post pics https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
Karrie

Lee23

Original Poster
KarrieRee":355v6d2u said:
What kind of UVB are you using? Is it a tube fixture or a coil in a dome? He will go thru relocation stress so if he slows down on his eating that is normal - if he stops eating that is not good -- you can post pics https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
Karrie

I attached picture so you can see what he looks like! Thanks for the help on that!

As for the uvb I will attach a photo below on what it looks like. I don’t know if he’s bloated/sick or gaining weight. He eats normally and when I put him on my bed he walks around normal and fast when he wants to get to the other side of the bed.

108402-6629367601.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok I am going to recommend you getting rid of the coil UVB --- they are not up to par for giving correct UVB --- please replace w/ this https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/t5-uvb-light-fixture.html
These have been selling out as well --- I am guessing the pandemic has had alot to do w/ this -- the T 5 can sit on top of your tank --- approx 8-10 inches from basking spot-- you can also get a smaller fixture like a 20" and that would be a T 8 not as strong but just as good -- you want the Reptisun bulbs tho they are the best on the market at this time --- that one would need to go inside the tank approx 8-10 inches from basking decor --
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom