Bearded Dragon is Lazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have a Bearded Dragon and he’s only lazy when he’s in his tank. What I mean by that is be goes to bed early, like around 3 PM, or he’s laying In the same spot most of the day.
But when I take him out of the tank he runs around, explores, and he is very alert.

Is he just lazy, or is he bored in his tank?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Could be both--- its good hes active out of the tank --- what is the lighting in the tank? Brand and bulb of the UVB and is it a coil or tube ? How old is the UVB? Is he eating? pooping and basking?
Karrie

NorbertTheBeard

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1pvbk86n said:
Could be both--- its good hes active out of the tank --- what is the lighting in the tank? Brand and bulb of the UVB and is it a coil or tube ? How old is the UVB? Is he eating? pooping and basking?
Karrie

Hi Karrie, he has a Zoo Med Repti Sun compact 10.00 UVB Bulb. Here is a link to the one I bought

https://www.chewy.com/zoo-med-reptisun-100-uvb-compact/dp/126581?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hg&utm_content=Zoo%20Med&utm_term=&gclid=CjwKCAjw_LL2BRAkEiwAv2Y3SWSvUu7d9T-WC3CQpPNi0y1Gfcf5npYetyBqo2R1kIRlKscwb0hvBhoCpysQAvD_BwE

The UVB is 5 months old and I’m going to Change it in June. When I change it I’m planing to get a 10.00 tube UVB. For your other questions, he is eating pooping, and basking. He does not have MBD. I hope this answers your questions :).

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Those coils are the worst- I recommend you get it changed out ASAP- at this point if he's in a tank 40+ gallon he's basically getting no UVB- at this time you need to get a fixture Now--- they are getting harder and harder to find w/ this covid thing- I was looking for the Arcadia 12% bulbs today and everyone is out- you can find a 24" fixture w/ reflector here now and these do sell out quick www.pangeareptiles.com - they are out of the Reptisun 10.0 22" T 5 bulbs so you can look on the biodudes website for that bulb - I recommend you get this right away
Karrie

NorbertTheBeard

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2xnn0zg9 said:
Those coils are the worst- I recommend you get it changed out ASAP- at this point if he's in a tank 40+ gallon he's basically getting no UVB- at this time you need to get a fixture Now--- they are getting harder and harder to find w/ this covid thing- I was looking for the Arcadia 12% bulbs today and everyone is out- you can find a 24" fixture w/ reflector here now and these do sell out quick http://www.pangeareptiles.com - they are out of the Reptisun 10.0 22" T 5 bulbs so you can look on the biodudes website for that bulb - I recommend you get this right away
Karrie

Ok, Thanks. I’ll try my best to find a tube light and fixture as soon as I can.

NorbertTheBeard

Original Poster
KarrieRee":224liym7 said:
Those coils are the worst- I recommend you get it changed out ASAP- at this point if he's in a tank 40+ gallon he's basically getting no UVB- at this time you need to get a fixture Now--- they are getting harder and harder to find w/ this covid thing- I was looking for the Arcadia 12% bulbs today and everyone is out- you can find a 24" fixture w/ reflector here now and these do sell out quick http://www.pangeareptiles.com - they are out of the Reptisun 10.0 22" T 5 bulbs so you can look on the biodudes website for that bulb - I recommend you get this right away
Karrie
Hey, I wanted to let you know that a few months ago I got a tube light! He’s doing so much better, Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom