Beardie lays egg at 6 months old??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Csmith5214

Heyy there! So, today I found what sure looked like a single infertile egg in our beardies enclosure. The only thing stranger than there only being one egg is the fact that I'm pretty sure she is only 6 months old. We got her in February and she was about 5-6 inches long at best. I'll attach a photo of her from the day we got her. I'm guessing she wasn't more than 6 weeks old. She was the only one left in the tank at petsmart and surprise, they didn't know her age. She grew rapidly and is now 14 inches long and very healthy. Photo of this "egg" attached... am I crazy? How can this be?

108345-4714397825.jpg
108345-1756199054.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well goodness, poor girl. She is 14 inches in length? She is very small for her age but she
could be older than 6 months too since the pet store may not be correct on her age. They
often lay eggs very young, & it does happen from time to time.
She appears to be a regular bearded dragon & not a Rankins. Do you have any other pictures
of her?
At her age, I would highly recommend giving her some extra calcium in case she may have
more to lay. Maybe consider making her a laybox also, in case she needs one.

Tracie

Csmith5214

Original Poster
Thank you for the input. I'm shocked and although I feel pretty educated I did not expect it so soon. I'll be making a lay box tonight but we're taking her up north and I'm afraid of stressing her out now. I've upped her calcium intake and will continue that. She laid another egg this morning. I'll send a pic of her with this post so you can see her size/ health now.

108345-7615487887.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom