Dragon wants out all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

zye1984

Hatchling Member
Hi there! It's been a while since I've posted here.

Izzy is pretty healthy, but still fat.

She's being a weirdo again though! Generally, if she has to poo, she starts bopping her nose on the glass. Now she's doing that all the time, wanting to get out.

Nothing has changed in her enclosure like temp or anything like that. She's not gravid since she isn't digging and, following my vet's example, no firm lumps in her gut if I feel around in there.

I doubt she is brumating because she isn't lathargic in the enclosure. Once she's out she crawls around for a bit then goes under a desk to nap, most likely because of the cold linoleum floor.

After the nap, I can put her back, she basks a teeny bit or goes in the cubby hole, and is hunky dory. She has to be out a good while or else she'll just do the same thing.

Is she just being a spoiled brat because I'm working at home and in my room all day? She's always been a weird one; she's never really brumated or was gravid, and I've had her for years!

neilkd21

Hatchling Member
Think just being a spoiled brat lol. Ours is the same lately, he had always been like that at weekends or when we home and comes up to the glass wanting out. We let him out, runs around for ages then usually climbs up the sofa to chill on his pillow. Once we put him back he is happy to bask and relax. With being home all day everyday he seems to demand this every day now lol.

zye1984

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hah! I see you! Lemme out!

On a second note, she is not coming out of her cubby today and is napping! Maybe she IS brumating! I dunno, she's so weird. I'll keep an eye on her. I'll also lower the temp a little so if she is brumating it will be more comfortable.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
zye1984":2k55ja4b said:
Is she just being a spoiled brat because I'm working at home and in my room all day?
If you have no way of knowing how she behaved when you weren't working at home and in your room all day, then I'd say it's very likely.

EDID (Each Dragon Is Different) so some do behave differently when we're around than when we aren't--others don't. Some might say she has you trained well! :laughhard:

Generally, if she has to poo, she starts bopping her nose on the glass.
Mine does that too. Considering what it usually smells like, can you blame them? Who wouldn't try to get away from that, or do it someplace else! :lol:

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
My water skink Gutzy does that kind of thing every evening , it's her telling "I'm awake , and I want you (me) to pay attention and maybe talk to me and give me more of those yummy crickets". She's very spoilt, turns her nose up at mealworm lavae and pupae, and isn't very fussed with BSFL , but loves mealworm beatles , BSFs and crickets.

Lizards are creatures of habit, they a routine and this kind of behavior in my observation usually means either
> I am hungry and you need to feed me.
> my water dish is soiled, or empty , or the water is too warm.
> I've pooed , kindly remove the horrible smelly thing.
> it's too hot in here.
> I want to come out ( and have fun time / have some people time )
> I want you to talk to me ( pay some attention to me ).

zye1984

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
@mrspectrum
Haha! Yeah that poop stinks!!
She does NOT want to poop in her enclosure. I gotta get out of hear I don't wanna be trapped by my stinch!

zye1984

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
@kingofnobbys
Izzy honestly couldn't care less about being around me, which is pretty disappointing. She doesn't fear or hate me, just kinda tolerates me. Unless she's really tired, the first thing she wants to do is walk away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexreynolds
Top Bottom