Baby Bearded Dragon Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinFam01

Juvie Member
I guess we got lucky, ours just eats pretty much anything.
Bsfl are not a super wiggly worm. I recommend rinsing them in warm water (if they're cool they are even less wiggly)
and then try putting one on a tray (we have a plastic art tray we used) in front of him/her. When they are wet and on a slick surface they can move faster, so that may be enticing to your dragon. :)
HTH!

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He is eating them a little better now but not like he does with his roaches. But soon as I get my cats fixed I’m going take him to the vet to sex him and make sure everything is okay with him. He is not acting sick but I’d like to get him a check up.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Normal for the veggies but he eating some - his main diet now is the roaches- I am glad he's eating his veggies - post a pic of him butt to camera tail in the air - we can sex him
Karrie

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Isn’t it hard to see through a picture? And right now he is back on crickets cause I ran out of roaches.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
No if the picture is clear enough we can see what we need to -- you can order roaches on line please let me know if you need websites I can post for you :)
Karrie

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
How long can a bearded dragon go without insects cause all my petsmarts are sold out of crickets and my local pet store is closed on mondays?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
He needs insects every day as he is a baby and that is his main diet -- he can get away w/ not eating for a day or so but you need to look at ordering on line for insects -- I will post some websites for insects and worms its good to have a variety of all of them anyways
www.dubiaroaches.com good place to get roaches they are a better staple feeder anyway they last longer and easier to keep -you can put them in a 10 gallon aquarium or plastic tote -- get dubia food and feed carrots and squash for hydration - they have small super worms for your baby along w/ nutri grubs which are good for babies too order large as they are small -- currently they are not shipping roaches but they are a good place to get them
www.reptilianarts.com good place for silk worms - they are currently out but check back if ordering from here I recommend bulk like 50 they come small and you will need to feed them daily and clean containers out daily- they are another good staple feeder like the nutri grubs - you can get roaches from them -- I would order like 200 at a time
www.coastalsilkworms.com
www.mulberryfarms.com they are high on shipping
www.joshsfrogs.com
www.abdragons.com
Happy shopping :)
Karrie

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I normally have 500 roaches a month but he has been eating them like candy and I still have bsfl left. But I plan on getting more crickets tomorrow at my local pet store. They are closed on Monday. But he still has his greens.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Is he eating his salads? You want him eating salads too that will slow the consumption of insects down along w/ worms- variety of silk which are a staple feeder--- super worms horn worms you can get horn worms and small super worms from here http://www.dubiaroaches com make sure you order small amounts of horn worms as they grow real.fast -- we can still sex him if hes over or around 6 months old
Karrie

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He doesn’t eat a lot but he does eat it. And I think he may be around 4 months if I had to guess

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so he is eating salads now even a little is better than none --- well get what you can ordered and I would not rely on the petstores for the staple food --- you have other resources for staple feeders - I posted a bunch for you and its best to order in quantity instead of going to buy them every week -- who are you getting your roaches from? I would get him some worms too to feed on top of his salads BSFL are a good staple feeder for babies --- they are small so order large also known as nutri grubs phoenix worms or calci worms --
Karrie

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He has bsfl but isn’t crazy over them. And I only get crickets from pet store to hold me over till next payment cause I don’t get paid a whole lot.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok well do what you can but ordering on line can be better for you -- and its hard to rely on those petstores as they do run out --- the worms are not a good staple feeder and they become hooked on them and will not eat your crickets eventually -- the protein is his main diet for now but you do want him eating salads at least some - when he gets more towards a year he will be going mainly veggies I am hoping - some will not eat veggies and want only insects which is not good - but if your giving a variety of insects / crickets dubia roaches silk worms those are all good staple feeders along w/ super worms small ones (meal worms when older not now he is too young and too harsh on their stomachs) horn worms grow really fast so you need small ones for him now and butter worms which are getting really hard to find as they are imported from Chile
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
If your feeding BSFL and crickets thats good - how many BSFL is he eating or how many are you feeding as a staple feeder it has to be a lot as they are small if your supplementing crickets hes more than likely getting enough
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom