Scale Rot? Black spots on scales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

junko

A couple months back i began to notice these black spots on her belly. I've seen some individual scales 'shed,' but the shed wasn't translucent but yellow instead. She also has these on her tail.

I contacted my breeder and they said she has scale rot, they told me to soak her in betadine for 30 min each day. I have been doing that for 3 months, yet nothing has improved. Also im not sure if her scales are yellow because of the betadine, or if it's from a fungal infection.

full

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That just looks like natural discoloration they can get. The scales don't look damaged. It's possible they are stained so gently scrubbing in a bath with a little bit of mild soap might help if it's dirt but otherwise it is likely just natural scale color. My dragon has similar spots and it isn't a problem.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The grayness makes me think they are patches about to shed. Have they been changing much lately? Look for signs of those scales shedding but also keep an eye out for more wounded looking scales which may indicate something other than shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom