Purple mark on foot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhMyNord

I got my boy out earlier and was clipping his nails when I noticed his back foot, in between his toes, is going purple? Any ideas of what could have caused/is causing this? Never seen it before so it's definitely a new issue, worried it might be scale rot...

He's a healthy lad, always eats his bugs and greens. I calcium dust his food every 2 days and bath twice a week. Enclosure is a vivexotic 4ft, he's on tiles, a 10.0 UVB bulb (being replaced Saturday), temps are a little high but I have new bulbs due to arrive here Saturday, (I'm switching the basking light off for a while through the day to try and keep it cooler until the new ones arrive).

Any advice would be great guys, thanks.

101618-865137233.jpg
101618-5040946887.jpg

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
OhMyNord":6t3h41v3 said:
I got my boy out earlier and was clipping his nails when I noticed his back foot, in between his toes, is going purple? Any ideas of what could have caused/is causing this? Never seen it before so it's definitely a new issue, worried it might be scale rot...

He's a healthy lad, always eats his bugs and greens. I calcium dust his food every 2 days and bath twice a week. Enclosure is a vivexotic 4ft, he's on tiles, a 10.0 UVB bulb (being replaced Saturday), temps are a little high but I have new bulbs due to arrive here Saturday, (I'm switching the basking light off for a while through the day to try and keep it cooler until the new ones arrive).

Any advice would be great guys, thanks.

101618-865137233.jpg
101618-5040946887.jpg
Just raise the bulb up if its too hot, it could be just be a bad shed cant tell from the looks of it but just rub some natural honey on it or some natural aloevera make sure they have no additives

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Definitely not scale rot. It looks more like he walked through his salad bowl. Any berries recently?

-Brandon

OhMyNord

Original Poster
Claudiusx":2dj8oyid said:
Hi there,

Definitely not scale rot. It looks more like he walked through his salad bowl. Any berries recently?

-Brandon

Hi Brandon,

he has had some raspberries this week and his front leg is red from it, so the purple was concerning! He's having a bath today any way, so I shall see if it comes off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom