First poo after brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linzloohoo

Hatchling Member
Hi all so Kai woke up from brumation yesterday, he had been fully down for 4 months, and hasn’t poo’d since November. We are so happy to see him. I did weigh him and he only lost 10 grams throughout that time. Today he has his first poo, it was huge, and just wanted to check and see if it was normal. There was lots of mucus, and the urate was as big as the poo portion, it was like this white mucus encased log. It had like a sac around it, and when I broke it open the inside was red. Now he hasn’t eaten in months, although he did wake up for a day here and there during which I weighed him and gave him water. Other than the weird poo he is acting normal, maybe a bit sluggish but that’s to be expected since it seems he is coming out of his brumation, he is active and alert though. Thoughts? Is this normal for a first poo after brumation?
105680-1280556177.jpg
105680-2635098626.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't worry about it looking odd for a bit right after brumation. It should return to normal after his systems ramp back up to normal. Just try to keep him hydrated and offer food although he may not be hungry for a bit. I've noticed they start to get very active after brumation and will have tons of energy and little appetite. Losing a little bit of weight during this time seems normal. They eventually slow back down and their appetite comes back and their weight returns to normal from what I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom