Having a hard time walking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty positive my beardie Norbert has mbd and we have been treating it as such but with no improvement. We got him from a crappy pet store realizing he had some issues. He is now a year and a half old and still having some issues walking. Other than that he is as happy as can be. We have a t5 reptisun uvb light hanging in his cage and we feed him crickets, mealworms, superworms dusted with calcium and reptivite. He also eats mustard greens, blueberry, squash etc. I am just sick of him getting so frustrated when he tries to walk. I will post some pictures of hin and his set up below

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks pretty happy in the photo! It's good that he is eating and trying to get around. You may need to accommodate his lack of movement by hand feeding and making things accessible to him but that shouldn't deteriorate his quality of life much. Since you have good lighting and a good diet for him, and based on the photo, my guess is that he may have muscular dystrophy rather than MBD. If he doesn't mind baths, you may be able to help him a bit using some water therapy. Sarah from Sarah's Bearded Dragon Rescue has some experience treating them and may be a helpful resource. http://sarahsbeardeddragonrescue.blogspot.com/2016/09/muscle-neurological-problems.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom