9 year old beardie, just lazy or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhMyNord

Hi guys,

I have a 9 year old beardie, Cato, who doesn't move around a lot, even when I get him out he just wants to go back in his tank. He's been like this few the last year and a half. He eats a few morio worms very 2-3 days, and will only eat blended greens :lol: which is fine by me.

Just wondering if this is normal at his age? He was treated for a respiratory infection last year which he recovered well from, just wanted an opinion on how others older dragons behave :)

HerpGirl

Hatchling Member
huh, that's weird! Beardies live 8-12 years so he's getting up there. He could just be lazy or very sick. How are his bowel movements?

OhMyNord

Original Poster
HerpGirl":1ip0ap3a said:
huh, that's weird! Beardies live 8-12 years so he's getting up there. He could just be lazy or very sick. How are his bowel movements?
Well he does poop every couple of days but he doesn't eat a lot so I'm assuming that's why, no smell either. May be worth a vet visit when the lockdown is over, just to be sure. I'm about to change his UVB bulb so I'll see if that makes a difference :)

HerpGirl

Hatchling Member
OhMyNord":313bi93n said:
HerpGirl":313bi93n said:
Well he does poop every couple of days but he doesn't eat a lot so I'm assuming that's why, no smell either. May be worth a vet visit when the lockdown is over, just to be sure. I'm about to change his UVB bulb so I'll see if that makes a difference :)

Yeah good idea! You never know with beardies!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom