Too much water?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot

Is it possible that my bd is getting to much water. She looks as if she’s about to poop and just shoots out quite a bit of water. And when she does poop its kinda small and looks like she’s having trouble.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please post a pic of her and the poop -- what is her diet consist of and what are your basking temps and how are you taking them? What is your UVB your using coil tube? Where in the tank is it on top of screen or inside the tank
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at top of message box then click on the pic it should post
Karrie

dot

Original Poster
KarrieRee":bfv094e0 said:
Please post a pic of her and the poop -- what is her diet consist of and what are your basking temps and how are you taking them? What is your UVB your using coil tube? Where in the tank is it on top of screen or inside the tank
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at top of message box then click on the pic it should post
Karrie

She pooped yesterday so I don’t have a picture but next time it happens I will for now I took the water bowl out and I plan to give her a 10-15min bath every other day. The basking temp is 98 and cooling temp is 82 at night it gets to 72 and I have 2 zoo meds thermometers suck in the enclosure. The lights r over a screen. And I’m using the zoo med reptisun 10.0 uvb coil . Oh and her diet is veggi pellets, live crickets, with calcium powder of course) and I’m trying to get her to eat fruits and veggies buT she refuses so I have a fear stage one baby food that I try to get her to eat.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please get a digital.probe thermometer- the stick ons are inaccurate! A bath is really only required if they are stinky or severally dehydrated- please get rid of the pellates-- they need fresh greens I can give you some tips on how to get her to eat her greens-- now the MOST IMPORTANT thing your UVB is it a coil or tube?

Karrie

dot

Original Poster
KarrieRee":29du3o3c said:
Please get a digital.probe thermometer- the stick ons are inaccurate! A bath is really only required if they are stinky or severally dehydrated- please get rid of the pellates-- they need fresh greens I can give you some tips on how to get her to eat her greens-- now the MOST IMPORTANT thing your UVB is it a coil or tube?

Karrie
So how often should I bath her to keep her hydrated if I leave the water out. And the uvb is a coil. And I would love some tips because the past owners only fed her freeze dried cricket (which caused tummy problems) and pellates. She eats live crickets now only because I can’t buy Dubai roaches anywhere cuz of the virus.

dot

Original Poster
dot":11gr7jha said:
KarrieRee":11gr7jha said:

Karrie
So how often should I bath her to keep her hydrated if I leave the water out. And the uvb is a coil. Can u recommend which thermometer. And I would love some tips because the past owners only fed her freeze dried cricket (which caused tummy problems) and pellates. She eats live crickets now only because I can’t buy Dubai roaches anywhere cuz of the virus.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The coil is a 13 or 26 watt? Look on the bulb toward bottom- if it the 13 get rid of it - I can recommend what you need- baths once a week-- but if we can get her eating greens less than that---- you can order roaches from here along w/ worms- butter worms super worms horn worms-- these will help getting her to the salad bowl-- when ordering horn worms order small amount they grow real fast--- http://www.dubiaroaches.com so first tell what that UVB is 13 or 26?
Karrie

dot

Original Poster
KarrieRee":298x6bo1 said:
The coil is a 13 or 26 watt? Look on the bulb toward bottom- if it the 13 get rid of it - I can recommend what you need- baths once a week-- but if we can get her eating greens less than that---- you can order roaches from here along w/ worms- butter worms super worms horn worms-- these will help getting her to the salad bowl-- when ordering horn worms order small amount they grow real fast--- http://www.dubiaroaches.com so first tell what that UVB is 13 or 26?
Karrie

13 and thank you

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok it's no good-- you need to get a 24" fixture w/ a reflector and a Reptisun 10.0 bulb T 5-- it's a TUBE--- you can look at your local petstore or you can order from here http://www.pangeareptiles.com - they have a 24" fixture for $32 or the more spendy ones - you need to order the Reptisun bulb too 22" -- the bulb that comes in the cheaper fixture don't use it it's not for beardies-- if it's warm where you are 65+ degrees take her outside in a plastic container No GLASS--direct sunlight for 15 minutes---- that equals out to 4 hrs of UVB
Karrie

dot

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1s0ww8ff said:
Ok it's no good-- you need to get a 24" fixture w/ a reflector and a Reptisun 10.0 bulb T 5-- it's a TUBE--- you can look at your local petstore or you can order from here http://www.pangeareptiles.com - they have a 24" fixture for $32 or the more spendy ones - you need to order the Reptisun bulb too 22" -- the bulb that comes in the cheaper fixture don't use it it's not for beardies-- if it's warm where you are 65+ degrees take her outside in a plastic container No GLASS--direct sunlight for 15 minutes---- that equals out to 4 hrs of UVB
Karrie

So take her out every day till I can get the direct lighting. If I get a doggy fence for the yard is it safe to sit her in the grass?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I would say so but DO NOT leave her by herself and make sure she can't get out -- birds are predators- so you would need to stay w/ her
Karrie

dot

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2s9zfotp said:
I would say so but DO NOT leave her by herself and make sure she can't get out -- birds are predators- so you would need to stay w/ her
Karrie

Of course I wouldn’t trust her on her own any way.... she my baby lol. Thank you soooo much and once I get the roaches I’ll com back for help with the fresh greens and veggies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You need to replace the UVB ASAP shes not gonna eat very much if at all w/ out proper UVB - when you get that new one post so I can help you place it - it needs to be certain distances for it to be effective
Karrie

dot

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3uudtvx0 said:
You need to replace the UVB ASAP shes not gonna eat very much if at all w/ out proper UVB - when you get that new one post so I can help you place it - it needs to be certain distances for it to be effective
Karrie

Ok will do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom