Too much water?

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Re: Too much water?

Postby dot » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:14 pm

Or can I continue feeding her crickets till I move to Kentucky and get Dubai roaches there ... or is it better to move away from crickets ASAP?
dot
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:54 am
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Too much water?

Postby KarrieRee » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:30 pm

Is she eating the crickets? It's up to you- you will like the dubias once you start them - they are so much easier to take care of and they don't stink chirp or die off as quickly -- dubias are better nutritional wise - I am thinking the discoid are about the same-- when are you moving?
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict
 
Posts: 8979
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: Too much water?

Postby dot » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:32 pm

KarrieRee wrote:Is she eating the crickets? It's up to you- you will like the dubias once you start them - they are so much easier to take care of and they don't stink chirp or die off as quickly -- dubias are better nutritional wise - I am thinking the discoid are about the same-- when are you moving?
Karrie



I think in a couple of months or so
dot
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:54 am

Re: Too much water?

Postby KarrieRee » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:54 pm

I would start her on the discoid- check out the website I posted for you - contact them and see if you can use the food you got from dubia roaches- I am thinking you can - or see if they list what they feed them -- do you have a 10 gallon aquarium or tote to keep them in?
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict
 
Posts: 8979
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: Too much water?

Postby dot » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:59 pm

KarrieRee wrote:I would start her on the discoid- check out the website I posted for you - contact them and see if you can use the food you got from dubia roaches- I am thinking you can - or see if they list what they feed them -- do you have a 10 gallon aquarium or tote to keep them in?
Karrie



Yea I’m keeping the crickets in a tall 40 gallon tank so they don’t jump out but it doesn’t have a top
dot
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:54 am

Re: Too much water?

Postby KarrieRee » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:08 pm

Ok so your roaches can go in there actually it's overkill - dubias don't jump or fly - I don't know anything about the discoid-- but you can do some research on them - I would visit the website and go from there
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict
 
Posts: 8979
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: Too much water?

Postby dot » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:15 am

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

She loves the dirt but the light hood I bought isn’t working..... so imma call them again Monday .... I hope to figure it out....
dot
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:54 am

Re: Too much water?

Postby KarrieRee » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:23 am

The hood fixture isnt working? Thats not good--- I definitely would call them Monday ---
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict
 
Posts: 8979
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am
Location: Minnesota
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Too much water?

Postby dot » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:26 am

KarrieRee wrote:The hood fixture isnt working? Thats not good--- I definitely would call them Monday ---
Karrie


Yeah and even tho I have the dirt in the cage in a container she is digging beside it should I just put the dirt in the tank or just leave her be .... and I was using the thermometers and at night the tank got in the high 60s is that ok cuz I look it up and there are soooo many different opinions
dot
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:54 am

Re: Too much water?

Postby KarrieRee » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:29 am

Put her in the dirt -- so she digs in it -- is the container outside her tank or in it? And the high 60's is good for nite time temp
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict
 
Posts: 8979
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: Too much water?

Postby dot » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:30 am

KarrieRee wrote:Put her in the dirt -- so she digs in it -- is the container outside her tank or in it? And the high 60's is good for nite time temp
Karrie



I have it in a container inside the cage but she can easily get in and out and it under the lights
dot
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:54 am

Re: Too much water?

Postby KarrieRee » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:31 am

Then your good ---
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict
 
Posts: 8979
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: Too much water?

Postby dot » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:33 am

KarrieRee wrote:Then your good ---
Karrie



Ok and the tip of the bottom lip came off like the single scale that’s in the far point..... I thinks it was because she pecks at the glass and rubs her nose on it..... which u said the uvb might help with..... but I don’t have that yet and I wanna know if that’s a big deal cuz the dirt is kinda sticking to it..
dot
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:54 am

Re: Too much water?

Postby KarrieRee » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:09 am

Take the plastic container out of the tank set her in it and see if that helps-- in the meantime wash her lip see what it looks like underneath- you might haft to get some sort of salve in it- but IAM not sure what- Tracie or ahbd can help there also w/ other ideas of that lay box issue
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict
 
Posts: 8979
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: Too much water?

Postby dot » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:12 am

KarrieRee wrote:Take the plastic container out of the tank set her in it and see if that helps-- in the meantime wash her lip see what it looks like underneath- you might haft to get some sort of salve in it- but IAM not sure what- Tracie or ahbd can help there also w/ other ideas of that lay box issue
Karrie



She just tries to run and hide under the couch it I take it out.how do I talk to tracie?
dot
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:54 am
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

PreviousNext

Return to Health

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Btrfly