Breathing heavily, flaring beard, plugged nose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EZAC99

So, I think I'm taking him to the vet tomorrow, but in the meantime I'm curious what you guys think is going on. This is my first bearded dragon and I've been stressing out non stop about him. I did research literally from the time I woke up yesterday to just before I went to bed. My girlfriend says I'm going to give myself a stomach ulcer but i just want to care for the little dude properly.
He's five months old and i don't think his last owners took great care of him. I made a post here a few days ago because he had shed in his ear (I didn't know it was just shed at the time). Now I'm more worried about this one--his right nostril seems to be plugged, I can see something in it moving slowly in and out as he breathes. his left nostril is shedding. the right nostril looks more like mucus or something. it's moist-looking and shiny. you can kind of see it in the video. he has energy for glass surfing and whatnot, but he also seems exhausted from breathing so heavily. Every once in a while he'll swallow kind of hard like he's struggling to, and his beard started getting a little dark last night, it's lightened up now though. But it also seems like when he opens his mouth to breathe he can breathe just fine. This has been going on for about two days, since he started shedding. Like I said, I'm taking him to the vet anyway because i really am gonna give myself a heart attack or an aneurysm or something worrying about this little dude. Is it possible he's just being dramatic, since it seems he can breathe through his mouth and just refuses to? or should I be concerned? (I'm already extremely concerned but I don't know if I should be)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yh2L_B5pFc&feature=youtu.be

Thanks in advance for any help, and sorry about grammatical and formatting errors, english is my first language but you wouldn't know it just by looking :|

EZAC99":2u4pw1f6 said:
So, I think I'm taking him to the vet tomorrow, but in the meantime I'm curious what you guys think is going on. This is my first bearded dragon and I've been stressing out non stop about him. I did research literally from the time I woke up yesterday to just before I went to bed. My girlfriend says I'm going to give myself a stomach ulcer but i just want to care for the little dude properly.
He's five months old and i don't think his last owners took great care of him. I made a post here a few days ago because he had shed in his ear (I didn't know it was just shed at the time). Now I'm more worried about this one--his right nostril seems to be plugged, I can see something in it moving slowly in and out as he breathes. his left nostril is shedding. the right nostril looks more like mucus or something. it's moist-looking and shiny. you can kind of see it in the video. he has energy for glass surfing and whatnot, but he also seems exhausted from breathing so heavily. Every once in a while he'll swallow kind of hard like he's struggling to, and his beard started getting a little dark last night, it's lightened up now though. But it also seems like when he opens his mouth to breathe he can breathe just fine. This has been going on for about two days, since he started shedding. Like I said, I'm taking him to the vet anyway because i really am gonna give myself a heart attack or an aneurysm or something worrying about this little dude. Is it possible he's just being dramatic, since it seems he can breathe through his mouth and just refuses to? or should I be concerned? (I'm already extremely concerned but I don't know if I should be)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yh2L_B5pFc&feature=youtu.be

Thanks in advance for any help, and sorry about grammatical and formatting errors, english is my first language but you wouldn't know it just by looking :|
See the clump of shed around his nose? That’s what’s plugging take tweezers and gently pull it off/out for him, doesn’t harm them in any way, I do it all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom