My bearded dragon Bud

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my lil guy is about 4 months and recently just recovered from pneumonia.... but now he won’t eat and just lays around And he’s lost weight. I give him applesauce/ puréed spinach and Carrots mixed. took him to the vet and got a fecal test done and he gave me a tube like medicine called bene-bac plus. He only walks around when he’s on the bed and his eyes don’t really open all the way unless I’m holding and or talking to him. His poop is green But I was thinking it’s because of the spinach. I’m lost I really don’t know what to do I don’t want to lose him. If there’s any chance someone can help please do I’m in desperate need

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
So sorry to hear about your little guy . :( Right now get some critical care supplement from the vet. The Benebac is a probiotic to help balance the good bacteria in his body that was wiped out by antibiotics. The spinach + applesauce mix is not good, try greens like turnip, mustard, collard, arugula as well as squash + green beans. Can you post pics of him as well as his set up, also the lights you have ? And how do you measure his temps ? Here's how to post the pics :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
No more spinach please and unless hes constipated I wouldnt feed any more applesauce especially if its sugared - unsweetened is good for when they wont poop the carrots are fine
here is a website for nutrition http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html --kale is a good staple so ignore what the website says -- what are you using for a staple protein feeder ? crickets or dubias ?
The med may be effecting his appetite - Tracie or AHBD would haft to comment on that one
What are you using for a UVB? Brand and bulb? Is it a coil or tube?
Karrie

Krystallinnie

Original Poster
Okay so I’m gonna stop with the spinach and applesauce but the vet is the one who told me to give him spinach. As for his lights basking light is 125w solar glow is the brand and for the one at night is 70w and the brand is thrive. And that’s what the pet store recommended. I posted two pictures not sure if you guys can see them I used the link given. The critical care supplement, the vet was supposed to give me some but I think her forgot. He was eating both Dubai roaches and crickets. Just blended some meal worms and crickets with carrots to give him tonight.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
If the vet told you to give spinach and applesauce I would advise you to find another vet ---- the bulb you have at nite is a colored bulb??????????? If it is get rid of it --- colored bulbs disrupt their sleep and can cause long term eye damage --- if your tank is above 65 at nite you dont need a heat emitter -- if its dropping below 65 then I would suggest a ceramic heat emitter - they produce heat and NO light-- DO NOT LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE AT THE PET STORE --- they have not a clue as to what they are talking about --- all they are trying to do is make a buck and get your dragon sick!! The All in One bulbs I am not familiar w/ someone else is gonna haft to advise on the distance etc------------ I know they need to be certain distances for them to be efficient -- I my self use separate basking bulbs and UVB---
Karrie

Krystallinnie

Original Poster
No it’s not a colored bulb.his temps are good from what I was told. This morning he is pooping blood I don’t even know what to do anymore. I’m still waiting to hear from the vet. I’ve already been to two different vets and they are just giving me the run around. As I am writing this he just threw up it was clear white and orange.... he looks like he’s in so much pain ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I am giving you a website to see if there are some qualified vets in your area
www.arav.org
I don't know how to help you please post pics of him so Tracie and ahbd can help you
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Are you sure its blood ? Can you post a pic of the poop ? What are his basking temps? Are you taking them w / the digital probe? I see two dials the one looks like a probe but its on the opposite end of the tank where his basking light is
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so you want the probe on the side under the basking light and the other for ambient temps on the cool side- the probe is going to give you an accurate temp+ have you been feeding anything red? Strawberries red peppers? Did you check his butt for dried blood- it's hard to tell - is his beard black ?
Karrie

Krystallinnie

Original Poster
Ok just switched them. No I haven’t fed him anything red and when I cleaned it it was like a bright red color and he had some by his butt. His beard is a little black I’ll post a picture.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok he looks good-- his beard is not black believe me if he was in distress it would be really black
- what are your basking temps ? Post a whole pic of him so Tracie and ahbd can get a good look at him- did you hear back from vet? And did you use the website I gave you? Has he thrown up anymore?
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom