Beardie won't eat salad

Status
Not open for further replies.

QueenJay

My 3 year old will not eat her salad I don't know how to get her interested in it. I've slipped a few pieces in her mouth at times and that's really all she gets.

I was wondering if adding a couple mealworms in it would be ok? I would try different worms as i know mealworms aren't the best but they're expensive :(

I have also become aware my UVB setup has been incorrect so that could be part of the problem.

Any advice on things to add to the salad like veggies beardies love or different ways to offer it would be appreciated!

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
The only way I get my dragon to eat greens is by chopping them up bitesize, and putting his num-numz on top. The roaches crawl underneath, causing the salad to "move" which stimulates his feeding response. When he goes for a bug or worm, he gets a mouthful of salad with his steak. Fresh cilantro (coriander) added to any salad also helps; many dragons like it.

If there are lighting problems, best correct them asap. Please post a pic of your setup via the User Image Uploader (use the XIMG tags) and provide a description of the setup.

Hey sorry no one replied, this is late also but my Beardie did the same and now she loves her greens, I highly recommend ARUGULA, it’s a green and my Beardie hated anything else and now loves it, I tried putting the worms and she picked them out, when u put some greens in break them up then try putting your clean finger or tongs, whatever under and give it some movement, that should make them wanna eat.?give me a reply tell me if it works☺️

QueenJay

Original Poster
Sarasttarke":1bb7zw3h said:
Hey sorry no one replied, this is late also but my Beardie did the same and now she loves her greens, I highly recommend ARUGULA, it’s a green and my Beardie hated anything else and now loves it, I tried putting the worms and she picked them out, when u put some greens in break them up then try putting your clean finger or tongs, whatever under and give it some movement, that should make them wanna eat.?give me a reply tell me if it works☺️
Thank you! I’ll let you know if it worked!

Lili500

Sometimes you got to just hold to it to their face long enough to where they know you mean business. Wave it at them them a little to get their attention to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom