Silkie Yellow fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARESpapa

My bearded dragon Ares just turned one year old less than a week ago, and might be showing signs of yellow fungus. She eats and acts normally, but her hands and feet are shedding while the rest of her is not, and her back left foot is turning a little bit yellow. I saw this and researched what it could be, and came across yellow Fungus. If anyone has sealed with this before or knows what to do, it would be much appreciated.
107474-510176598.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sir, this is a beardie forum not a chicken leg forum! :D :mrgreen:

Just kidding. I haven't seen any cases of YF in Silkies before. I doubt very many people have. So I'm not sure exactly what it would look like. But based off of how it appears on regular scaled dragons, that does not' appear to be fungal. Or at least not Yellow Fungus.

What does your typical skin care routine look like for him?

-Brandon

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, I agree that doesn't look like Y.F , I had a silkie in the past and they are more susceptible to skin tears + blemishes but they're still pretty hardy. Put some raw unpasteurized honey on that like from a beekeeper or health store. If you can't get any you can put a dab of neosporin. Never leave any loose insects in the tank with Ares. Search the tank if you have any doubt. He should be fine but of course keep an eye on it. :)

ARESpapa

Original Poster
She bathes weekly for around 8 minutes, we rub her front hands with Neosporin twice daily because of a problem with retained shed a little while ago, (a vet told us to) we spray her with repti shed ease once monthly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom