Dull spot on beardie ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pablomablo

107633-838292442.jpg
I just purchased my beardie Pablo a few weeks ago , he should be somewhere around 2 months old. He active and runs around when he’s not basking , he eats soldier fly larvae and takes normal poops . I noticed he’s about to have his first shed but I also noticed he has this dark dull spot on his head , should this be cause for concern?
107633-9913908168.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The way the dull area seems to completely cover the scales is a bit odd. Does it wash off with a little water and gentile scrubbing? If not, I'd keep a close eye on it looking for changes or expansion. It's possibly just an odd looking thick shed that will come free but I would take daily photos to help monitor it.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Are my aging eyes seeing an area of missing scales northwest of the dark brown dot?
Or is the dot what's being referred to?

Pablomablo

Original Poster
MrSpectrum":1iurvsjd said:
Are my aging eyes seeing an area of missing scales northwest of the dark brown dot?

The gray spot with The missing scales

Pablomablo

Original Poster
CooperDragon":3gskdevt said:
The way the dull area seems to completely cover the scales is a bit odd. Does it wash off with a little water and gentile scrubbing? If not, I'd keep a close eye on it looking for changes or expansion. It's possibly just an odd looking thick shed that will come free but I would take daily photos to help monitor it.

Gave him a bath and tried to gently wash off but it didn’t go away, I will keep updating

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Pablomablo":j1nax3zf said:
MrSpectrum":j1nax3zf said:
The gray spot with The missing scales
OK, thanks. I agree with Coop; keep an eye on it, and document with a pic (same lighting, angle, etc.) daily. If it expands or gets worse, the pics will also help a veterinarian DX & treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom