VETERINARIANS and COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Wow. Understandable. They have to conserve their supplies too. I can see rescheduling anything that isn't dire. Same with human health care. Already dropping elective surgeries, etc to conserve both supplies and space.
-Dee

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Understandable, if scary. My dentist called and cancelled my next appointment for the same reasons. We've just got to hope this thing passes as quickly as possible, and that we don't need urgent care for our pets in the meantime.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
ComicBookMama":2j12xw5s said:
Understandable, if scary. My dentist called and cancelled my next appointment for the same reasons. We've just got to hope this thing passes as quickly as possible, and that we don't need urgent care for our pets in the meantime.
I thought urgent care for pets would be available. Did I miss something?
-Dee

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
DragonPete":2ssonnsd said:
I thought urgent care for pets would be available. Did I miss something?
You did not.
Veterinary practices can and should defer elective procedures to preserve medical supplies when circumstances call for that. However, veterinarians must also be able to continue to provide medically necessary care for our animal patients, especially during this time when Americans are spending increased time at home with their pets and ensuring the integrity of our food supply is critical. In doing so, and as needed, veterinarians can adapt our approach to ensure an appropriate level of biosecurity that safeguards the health of our animal patients and their owners.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am very sick of hearing about this, that is for sure. It is being blown way out of proportion,
because the cases just aren't adding up.
I am worried that they are trying to get more government control & enforce more restrictions.

Tracie

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Drache613":ttcbb32a said:
I am very sick of hearing about this, that is for sure. It is being blown way out of proportion, because the cases just aren't adding up. I am worried that they are trying to get more government control & enforce more restrictions.
Not long ago, I would have been one of the first to agree, however things are changing--rapidly.
coronavirus in texas
Things do tend to change when it comes knocking at your own back door.

It also appears that the AVMA does not agree. My own vet is now telling clients to remain in their cars, and someone will come out to admit/care for pets. And temps here in the Northeast are still... a ways from spring-like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom