Broken Finger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
A few weeks ago my beardie Marshall broke off one of his nails. I figured it would just grow back and I kept an eye on it, making sure to keep it clean. However, the nail still hasn't grown back yet and the finger it broke from looks bulbous. I'm concerned it may be broken, however when I've touched the finger he doesn't seem to have any reaction. Just wondering what you guys think and what some possible solutions would be or if I should take him to a vet.
Thanks!
106392-4784324467.jpg
106392-3344204873.jpg

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
This kind of injury is not uncommon, and I doubt there's much a vet could do--the bones are just too tiny. Since it's been a few weeks, and there are no current signs of infection (doesn't really look bulbous to me), I'd let it go and chalk it up to "stuff happens". :silent: He should be fine.

I couldn't say if it looks like the other claws need trimming; my dragon's enclosure has a rough floor & other rough surfaces that keep his claws pretty well maintained.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree that it's not anything to see a vet about, I've seen the same on some of my dragons in the past. Especially one of my females that dug around like mad when it was egg-laying time. The nails are pretty long + could use a trim, you can find good tutorials on youtube. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom