Panacur treatment one dose or two?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took my beardie to the vets for pinworms and she was given panacur. All in all the cost came to £108, they told us to go back in two weeks for another dose,
My local reptile centre said one dose would be enough and they the vets were conning us out of more money- should I take her back for another dose or would the one be enough?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is a good question!
Most of the time a couple of doses for deworming are needed. However it depends on the
levels that were found. If the fecal exam didn't reveal very high numbers then one treatment
might be enough to clear it up.
Do you know the levels or counts from the test?

Tracie

ShinAndDragon

Original Poster
Drache613":3aqfvkzh said:
Hello,

That is a good question!
Most of the time a couple of doses for deworming are needed. However it depends on the
levels that were found. If the fecal exam didn't reveal very high numbers then one treatment
might be enough to clear it up.
Do you know the levels or counts from the test?

Tracie
Yeah, it was very high! We rescued her originally and sent a test off- we should have Had the results the next couple of days but they took weeks to come back, and when they did, the count was 8,400!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zazzep
Top Bottom