Eye problema

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey so I've been having this issue with my beardies left eye, she had an eye infection not to long ago maybe a month, it's gone now, but she has had the issue of not being able to open it when she wakes up, I'll wait about an hour while she's awake but it can't open and it's closed with some kind of gunk from her eye I take a cotton swab and water and gently roll the soaked swab over, the gunk comes out and she can open her eye, no issues until she falls asleep again and then I have to repeat. I'll be uploading images soon as I get the chance. We have no vets around us where I live and I wanna know if this is or could become an issue with my beardie she's fine her eye is healthy asside from that but it worries me something could happen to her eye if this keeps happening any tips?

Edit: here's her eye

107224-4852515175.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What type of lighting do you currently use?
Which antibiotic was used on her eye previously? I am glad to hear that it has cleared up
overall, for her. It can sometimes take months for an issue to fully resolve itself. You can try
using some sterile saline solution to wash the eye out, daily to help keep it cleaned out. The
water is fine, but maybe try the saline solution in case there is still a bit of bacteria present.
Are you using a loose substrate or a solid type of substrate?

Tracie

Mysticbeardie

Original Poster
Currently I'm buying a new lighting because her other one blew her substrate is solid (we use unused puppy pads). My mom made a water and honey mixture for her eye when it was infected, and do you have any particular brands you would recommend for the saline solution to help? Also incase you wondered about the puppy pads, we're going through a tough time at the moment and most of the time she is out of the cage anyways because she enjoys sleeping on the bed sometimes near he window. But I have trouble with her sleeping in her viv she almost never will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom