Spring Fever

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdspdx

Our female, Atarka, is going through what I think is post brumation spring fever. It started about 3 weeks after she came out of brumation. Restless, pawing at walls of her vivarium. Temperatures and lighting are correct. How long does this last. If she was going to lay eggs when would that happen. Is there anything I can do to discourage laying or will she do it or not regardless. Our male, Azazel, is in his vivarium in the same room but out of sight.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She could possibly be developing eggs as a lot of them do when there are males around.
Even if she can't see him, she knows he is around. LOL There really isn't anything you can
do to keep her body from developing eggs, short of spaying her. You can make a lay box for
her if you want to, just in case. It is nature, but she may not lay right now.
Their hormone levels increase after brumation which is why they are more active & go into
the mating mode & behavior, too.
How old is Atarka? This type of behavior can last a few weeks to a few months, it's really
hard to know for sure.

Tracie

jdspdx

Original Poster
Thanks Tracie, Atarka is about 2 years old. I think I will go ahead and prepare a dig box for her. Maybe also give her a talk about abstinence. LOL - John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom