Good weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantomslady

This is Draco. He is 20 months and right at 20 inches and weighs in at 638 grams (yesterday weight) He has just woken up from brumation in the past week. This is my first bearded dragon, I've had him since he was a tiny baby (smaller than the palm of my hand) I was just wanting some input from other more experienced owners as to his size and weight. I am hoping he is a good weight, but if not then I need to know.
His cage is 48 by 24 by 24. However he spends about half his day running around my office (which is off limits to other pets) and desk and interfearing with my typing. He loves his bug show in youtube. LOL
Anyway, if anyone would like to add their input please do so. thank you

Kitty
I hope the pictures come out.
100219-3947885810.jpg
100219-7025841148.jpg
100219-9068719339.jpg
100219-793566439.jpg
100219-7198237898.jpg

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
He's adorable! ? I'll let someone with experience give an opinion on his size. I think he looks great but I'm a dumb noob! LOL! ? He looks healthy and happy to me.
-Dee

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He's getting just a bit on the chubby side so it's time to make sure he's getting more salad meals and fewer insects. It's cool that your buddy hangs out with you as office helper ! :) Just make sure it's for no more than 1-2 hours , he needs to be in the tank for the right amount of heat and very importantly, the uvb. Without enough uvb he can develop health problems.

Phantomslady

Original Poster
AHBD":xhwoz13b said:
He's getting just a bit on the chubby side so it's time to make sure he's getting more salad meals and fewer insects. It's cool that your buddy hangs out with you as office helper ! :) Just make sure it's for no more than 1-2 hours , he needs to be in the tank for the right amount of heat and very importantly, the uvb. Without enough uvb he can develop health problems.

He only get bugs twice a week now. Roaches, he eats about 7 or 8 of them. I don't really give him worms, although he loves them, they are not very nutritious. But he does get a hornworm three time a week. I was told to switch to that schedule once he was a year old. since he does spend a lot of time on my desk I have a uv bulb on my desk that I turn on for him and a portable heater that keeps the room at a nice temp through the winter. Although when he is out he doesn't run a whole lot, maybe for about 20 min a day, then he just sits on my desk or in his habitat. maybe I need to find a way to get him to run more?

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Guess we need to find a Dragon Aerobics class for our pudgy buddies. ? Why not? There are similar exercise classes for other pets. ? hmmmm.
-Dee

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks good to me. Definitely a big boy.

A little chunky but not too bad IMO.

Does he eat the adult roaches? if so, 7-8 is a pretty high number. I don't really like that many roaches for adults as roaches tend to be quite high in UA which tends to affect older adults more. Maybe cut the roach number in half or try adding in a few supers here and there to replace them.

-Brandon

Phantomslady

Original Poster
claudiusx":1toa53dj said:
He looks good to me. Definitely a big boy.

A little chunky but not too bad IMO.

Does he eat the adult roaches? if so, 7-8 is a pretty high number. I don't really like that many roaches for adults as roaches tend to be quite high in UA which tends to affect older adults more. Maybe cut the roach number in half or try adding in a few supers here and there to replace them.

-Brandon

The roaches I give him are medium. They are about the size between his eyes. I was told supers were fatty for him.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Supers are fatty, but the amount an adult needs doesn't lead to excessive dietary fat IMO. Especially if you use them as a mix with dubias.

Typically my adults main bugs are supers, but they are limited, just like all insects should be for adults.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom