Yellow fungus or different fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiefaleaf27

Hello! I just got a beardie from a pet store that got him as a trade in. Hes not doing so well and has some spots on him I'm concerned about. I took him to the vet just to find out what it is, they couldnt tell me anything without a biopsy thats going to be $1400. Were trying to fix him the best we can. I'm not sure if its yellow fungus but the vet said theres spots on his liver. What type of medication would I need to just treat, without them doing a biopsy? They said his toe might need to come off and they would just use that for the biopsy? This is what it looks like.
107202-4825420398.jpg
Will his toe need to come off either way? He pulls it away when I put the silver cream on it from the vet. The cream is making it look a whole lot better so far it's only been two days though.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it does look like fungus, more like black fungus than Y.F. Did you say that your vet quoted
$1400 to test it ? Or was that a typo ? Most vets would do a skin scraping which would cost no where near that amount. The silver cream is good for fungus but you can also get antifungal cream such as Lamisil or Monistat from your drug store. If you can find another vet to do a skin scrape that's what I would do. Until then the creams can hep + may even clear it up. Avoid bathing unless he gets dirty from a poo stain + keep the tank clean.

Chiefaleaf27

Original Poster
Yes! This vet didnt say anything about a scale scrapping. I thought that's what they would do too! And no no typo it was 1100 to 1400. They want to put him under and cut off his toe and send it in just to see what type of fungus it is. Is his toe that far gone if the circulation is starting to get cut off? I think I will get another opinion, I feel like I knew more about them than this vet did. She told me crickets were better than bsfl and I heard different from everywhere else.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please use this website to find a different vet hopefully this site will help you you will haft to type in in your address bar ---- arav.org -- or try this one http://www.anapsid.org/vets/index.html#vetlist
they are both the same site -- I would not be cutting anything off till you get another opinion --
Karrie

Chiefaleaf27

Original Poster
Hey guys so my beardie just started shedding around his tail where the fungus is. The shed is THICK but it looks normal(from what i can see) underneath the shed...will most of the fungus be gone? It doesnt look black underneath the shed but the shed is super thick. Is that normal if it's been building up or should I be worried? Also can i still put an antifungal on him where hes shedding? And info is appreciated! TIA!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's good that the shedding seems to be removing the problem area.

Do you have a recent picture of it?

Ps. Stay far away from that vet. What a joke.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom