Humidity issues, beardie making noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I have a 4 month old bearded dragon named Torch, I’ve only had her for 3 weeks. The humidity in my tank is way too high and nothing seems to fix it. The tank is ventilated, whenever I mist her I take her out of the tank so the humidity inside doesn’t increase. It’s currently at an awful 50%. I bought a dehumidifier last week, and it kept the tank at 39% for a few days (during daytime, not morning). However, the tank humidity has gone back up somehow. It’s average percent in the day is about 44%. I have a very small water dish in the tank. Where I live, the humidity is very high in late winter-early spring. I don’t know how to decrease the humidity, I feel like I’ve tried everything. She is making strange noises, which concerns me the most. At first, I freaked out and then connected the noise to her nose shedding, making it slightly difficult to breathe. But now she makes quiet noises every now and then. Is this bad? Does she have a respiratory infection? The sounds are t super loud, it’s very faint, but I’m really worried about it and I can’t fix the humidity level.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The humidity level is fine --- its when it gets to be 70 or better --- so your good -- however does she have any mucous coming out of her mouth or nose -- if you can get a video of her and post on here we can see what shes doing --- you can use you tube and post the link
Karrie

Dragonfury866

Original Poster
Thanks for your help. I’ve been told that a humidity that reaches 45-50% is dangerous, so now I’m way less stressed out. There’s no mucus or anything coming out of her mouth, but I’ll try to get the noise she makes on video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom