Long brumation, next steps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroPoet

Hi everyone,
My bearded dragon Jade has been brumating since October. Yesterday I woke her up for a bath and she basked for a pretty good amount of time and ate a few bites of food and went back to bed. I was planning on bathing her pretty soon so she can have a chance to go to the bathroom. She is about 6 and a half and she hasn’t brumated for this long before and I’m wondering how often I should offer food since now she has shown some interest. Also when should I expect her to finish brumation?
Thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Did you happen to weigh her before she went to bed? I would get a weight on her and make sure shes hydrated -- did she drink in the bath? I would get her out every 10 days or so and hydrate her or at least offer her water and keep a weight on her-- I have no idea how long she will fully awake -- 3 months I would think she would be coming out of it - I heard someone say 6 months and that is way to long --
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom