Long brumation, next steps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroPoet

Hi everyone,
My bearded dragon Jade has been brumating since October. Yesterday I woke her up for a bath and she basked for a pretty good amount of time and ate a few bites of food and went back to bed. I was planning on bathing her pretty soon so she can have a chance to go to the bathroom. She is about 6 and a half and she hasn’t brumated for this long before and I’m wondering how often I should offer food since now she has shown some interest. Also when should I expect her to finish brumation?
Thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Did you happen to weigh her before she went to bed? I would get a weight on her and make sure shes hydrated -- did she drink in the bath? I would get her out every 10 days or so and hydrate her or at least offer her water and keep a weight on her-- I have no idea how long she will fully awake -- 3 months I would think she would be coming out of it - I heard someone say 6 months and that is way to long --
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pooper
Top Bottom