Poop I’ve Never Seen Before

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Poop I’ve Never Seen Before

Postby MelRun2129 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:24 pm

So our 1 year old dragon’s last 2 poops have been strange looking. She has had and been treated for parasites before, so I know what THAT poop looks like along with the god-awful smell. The last 2 poops have looked normal in shape, but in between the poop and the urate was lots of tiny, yellowish grains. She eats Dubia roaches and will get butter worms as a treat. She will not eat veggies/greens. We lightly dust her bugs with calcium and vitamins. We also give her a liquid calcium and probiotics. I keep trying to google what the bumps could be and can’t find an answer. I have a photo of the poop, if anyone wants to see it... 🤢
MelRun2129
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:22 am
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Poop I’ve Never Seen Before

Postby KarrieRee » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:39 pm

please post poop
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at top of message box and then click on the pic
Please offer her a salad every day - see if you can hand feed her - I know my oldest one wont eat them either - I have tried everything I can to even get him to eat from my hand - I still put a bowl of greens in the tank every morning and a bowl w/ prickly pear cactus leaf cut up along w/ some red pepper and squash w/ worms in the bowl --like meal worms and silk worms - to try and get him to eat them - my little one hes 7 months old will eat vegies but I went a different route w/ him from when I first brought him home and he eats them -
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict
 
Posts: 6276
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am

Re: Poop I’ve Never Seen Before

Postby MelRun2129 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:31 pm

KarrieRee wrote:please post poop
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at top of message box and then click on the pic
Please offer her a salad every day - see if you can hand feed her - I know my oldest one wont eat them either - I have tried everything I can to even get him to eat from my hand - I still put a bowl of greens in the tank every morning and a bowl w/ prickly pear cactus leaf cut up along w/ some red pepper and squash w/ worms in the bowl --like meal worms and silk worms - to try and get him to eat them - my little one hes 7 months old will eat vegies but I went a different route w/ him from when I first brought him home and he eats them -
Karrie


I offer her greens every day. Sometimes we can sneak a few bites in while she goes for a bug. I’ve put worms in her salad. She is able to dodge any piece of salad to get the worm. I’ve tried tons of different combos of greens and veggies. I’ve sprinkled bee pollen on top. I’ve withheld bugs for weeks and she still won’t touch her salad! It’s so frustrating! Ok, here comes the pic...
MelRun2129
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:22 am

Re: Poop I’ve Never Seen Before

Postby MelRun2129 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:47 pm

[Click image to enlarge]
MelRun2129
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:22 am

Re: Poop I’ve Never Seen Before

Postby KarrieRee » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:52 pm

What are you feeding the insects?
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict
 
Posts: 6276
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Poop I’ve Never Seen Before

Postby MelRun2129 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:01 pm

KarrieRee wrote:What are you feeding the insects?
Karrie


Carrots and collard greens. Does the urate look weird to you too???
MelRun2129
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:22 am

Re: Poop I’ve Never Seen Before

Postby KarrieRee » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:15 pm

Yes it does-- someone else is gonna haft to weigh in on this-- I don't know if the probiotics would cause that---- let's see who responds to this
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict
 
Posts: 6276
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am

Re: Poop I’ve Never Seen Before

Postby MelRun2129 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:23 pm

KarrieRee wrote:Yes it does-- someone else is gonna haft to weigh in on this-- I don't know if the probiotics would cause that---- let's see who responds to this
Karrie



Ok, thanks! She's had the probiotics given to her for at least 6 months now. The liquid calcium is newer, maybe every few days for the last 3 months. Other than that, her diet hasn't changed at all. She also has shelf liner for substrate, so it's not sand. Maybe too many butter worms??? I'm at a loss. Just praying it's nothing serious!
MelRun2129
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:22 am

Re: Poop I’ve Never Seen Before

Postby Deeth » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:41 pm

To me, it looks almost crystalline... could it be too much calcium? I saw you mentioned you both dust, and the liquid calcium. From memory of what I've read, too much and you get yellowish orange in the urate.
Deeth
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:40 pm
Location: Queensland, Australia

Re: Poop I’ve Never Seen Before

Postby MelRun2129 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:08 pm

Deeth wrote:To me, it looks almost crystalline... could it be too much calcium? I saw you mentioned you both dust, and the liquid calcium. From memory of what I've read, too much and you get yellowish orange in the urate.


Thank you for your input! I started doing the liquid because she wasn’t eating bugs everyday when I was trying to get her to give in and eat her greens. I will back off on the calcium. Thank you!
MelRun2129
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:22 am
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -


Return to Health

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: KarrieRee