Healthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to ask if this was normal...
My bearded dragon only poops 1-3 times a week. He gets super bloated and full for a few days, and when he finally does go, theres a lot of it and it reeks, and hes all flat again, not nearly as big. He tested positive for coccidia and pinworms on his fecal and had his second dosage of meds today. Is all of this due to the parasites? It doesn't seem regular for animals to do :oops:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What types of insects & foods are you feeding your dragon?
The medications will definitely affect his appetite & behavior. A lot of times their stools will
become abnormal for awhile, also.
How much medication is he receiving?
What is his age?
We can review your tank setup with you to be sure it's all correct if you need.

Tracie

MiniPancake

Original Poster
Tracie,

He has done this since i got him, it's not the meds- im wondering if the meds will change it when the parasites are gone. Hes on three doses of his med- one on the 16th one on the 17th and one next friday.

hes a juvenile and ever since i got him ive fed a variety of things- dubia, crickets, bsfl, hornworms, waxworms, superworms- and for veggies a wide variety as well- usually collard greens, mustard greens and squash. he does not like to eat his veggies. he gets calcium as well- i plan to get a multivitamin too. as far as his setup- before i found out he had paraites he was in a 4x2x2 sliding door enclosure with a pvc mat, hammock, two hides, fake plants, and decor.
he had a uvb coil and a basking lamp- his basking area would range from 95 to 110.

while he gets the parasites out of his system, he is in a ten gallon with grapewood and paper towels, same lighting.

a week after hes done with his meds, hes going back into the 4x2x2 with bioactive substrate (clay balls, sand, mixture of coco coir, sand, topsoil, and fertilizer, and then leaf litter) isopods, springtails and succulents, a homemade structure that includes basking spot, stairs, and hide, a zoo med reflective t5 ho fixture with a 10.0 bulb mounted on the inside, a basking bulb, and a diet of consistent roaches and hornworms, occasional variety, and variety of veggies with multivitamin and calcium.

sorry if this is hard to read, im usually trying to manage him in one hand and type with the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom