Curved spine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linzloohoo

Hatchling Member
I went to visit my niece and her dragon Cheeto today. Cheeto looks great. Is eating like a beast, loves greens, super active/alert. When she got him I made sure she had all the right lighting. However I was made aware when visiting that they had run out of calcium powder so Cheeto has not been receiving any supplements for a while now I would say a few months. I noticed one side of his rib cage seemed to stick out more than the other, and it did not seem to be his position since it remained even when position changed. I’m thinking his spine has curved due to mbd because of lack of calcium. Thoughts? They are getting calcium tomorrow at my urging.
Before anyone asks, his lighting is correct per this site. He does have a reptisun t5 ho 10 uvb in hood with reflector.
Cheeto is 6-7 months old.
105680-4767554859.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor thing, he probably has unfortunately developed metabolic bone disease, to some
extent yes.
You can hopefully halt the progress of it by good lighting & supplementation.
How close is the Reptisun T5 tube to him?
So he is living at your niece's place & not with you?

Let us know how Cheeto is doing!
Tracie

Linzloohoo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":obfb3vw9 said:
Hello,

Poor thing, he probably has unfortunately developed metabolic bone disease, to some
extent yes.
You can hopefully halt the progress of it by good lighting & supplementation.
How close is the Reptisun T5 tube to him?
So he is living at your niece's place & not with you?

Let us know how Cheeto is doing!
Tracie

Yea that’s what I thought ☹️
Yes he lives with my niece, we got our beardies at about the same time. I had no idea they were out of calcium or I would have got some for him.
The reptisun bulb I would say is about 10” from basking spot.
He acts completely normal, no shaking, walking normal, he’s extremely energetic. My beardie has become big and lazy so it was funny to see her little one hip hopping all over the place.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom