Weird hard poop. Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralf787

So I’ve got this 2.5 month old baby beardie (female from what it looks like). Temps in enclosure go from 76-105/108. I use reptisun 10.0 UVB. So far she’s been eating críquets and few super worms. But lately she hasn’t eaten in the past 2 days so I’ve been feeding her this reptivitamin from a Syringe. I’ve given her water and bathes and she finally pooped today for the first time in 3 days.... any suggestions why the poop cane looking like this?? Not to mention it was really hard (unsquishable)and kinda dry pasty.
106760-2432926535.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What exactly is the UVB bulb 10.0 ?? Is it a coil or a TUBE? If its a tube where in the tank is it on top of screen or inside tank and is it a T 5 or a T8?
Karrie

Ralf787

Original Poster
10.0 reptisun. Is the long tube. And I have it above their cage enclosure with the lid open.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so tell me distance from basking spot and is it a T 5 or T 8? Makes a difference-- dry and pasty could be he's dehydrated- are you feeding greens everyday w/ moisture in them -- served wet? Dry white poop is usually a sign of dehydration but we want the UVB in proper place
Karrie

Ralf787

Original Poster
It’s T8 and it was about 6-8 in from basking spot. And I feed greens 2-3 times a week as she’s still only 2.5 months but I try and give them water at least once a day through syringe or baths.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so you need to feed greens everyday- you don't need to give water by syringe if she is eating greens-- just rinse them before serving - the moisture in them plus the bugs that are good and gutloaded should be sufficient- no baths so w/ being said what other things are you feeding her- how many insects are you feeding? And what insect?
Karrie

Ralf787

Original Poster
Got loaded crickets and super worms. She at first ate about 5-7 crickets both times. And no more than 2 typically one super worms

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Cut out the superworms until he's older/bigger. They can cause impaction, especially if the baby is not hydrated. Offer cut up greens as well as water with syringe to drip on the snout as you have been doing .

Ralf787

Original Poster
Crickets are also dusted with calcium without D3.
But the last 2 days she hasn’t really eaten so I’ve been force feeding her the repti boost which helps stimulate appetite and provides other things. I’ll post a pic of it if it helps

Ralf787

Original Poster
Okay. I’ll start being more frequent with the greens and look for any changes. I figured she might just be dehydrated but the sack looking thing looks very odd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom