Suture site off color?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dragon had surgery a few weeks ago and today when bathing him I noticed the suture site seems to be off colored?
dateposted-public

(posting image links because I can't get the image code to work on my phone)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/186436312@N07/49377106367/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/186436312@N07/49376449948/in/dateposted-public

And I'm wondering if this is normal or how concerned I should be. Should I use any sort of anti biotic cream (with no pain killer) like a friend recommended?

My vet never got back to me about what the mass was that they removed so I need to call them about it.

Normally I'd just take him back in but our cat had a $3,000 surgery last month, and only a couple weeks after zuko (my beardie) had a mass removed and that was another $500. So I'm pretty strapped financially right now.

Misc info about Zuko:
I've had him about 5 years, and his old owner thought he was about 2. So my best guess is he's around 7 years old.

He's acting normally, eating normally.

The vet said the sutures should be taken out 2 sheds after the surgery, which they said should be about 2 months but I guess I don't know how often he sheds because that seems really soon? He doesn't shed all at once, he sheds in bits and pieces.

Please be kind, I am doing the best I can for him and he hasn't had any other health issues since I got him 5 years ago.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, sorry to hear about all the pets needing such expensive medical care at the same time. Zuko's wound site looks a little irritated, you can apply some neosporin or better yet raw honey [ unpasteurized ] which is a natural antimicrobial and works well on all wounds. Just be 100 % sure there are no loose insects in the tank, especially if you use crickets. They can hide during the day + then come out at night to bother the wound site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom