Poop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardiebaby19

Hatchling Member
Hi! My beardie is about 5 months old. He follows a diet of around 30-50 crickets a day, with all-day access to veggies. Recently, we’ve noticed his poops have become softer and are surrounded by liquid. My mother complains of the smell, but I have been around him for so long That I have probably gotten used to it! It has only been like this in the last for a few days. His stools are usually firm and healthy, as well as his urates. This morning, I woke up to a stool that was still “solid” and not quite diarrhea, but definitely softer than usual. We did introduce him to a couple of veggies last night, both of which having a high moisture content. His poop does not have any undigested food or anything else. It’s a solid color of brown, of course surrounded by what I believe to be excess water. Is he getting too much veggies and not enough crickets? He has always loved his veggies, and I usually have to refill his veggie bowl when I come home. I know you will ask for the enclosure details, so here they are:
10.0 uvb T5 HO TUBE
100W basking bulb (temps get about 100-110, usually about 105 on basking side)
No loose substrate, only a carpet that I clean
40 G tank
He is always active. The only time he sits still is before and after a feeding, so he can bask. He has not lost weight, he currently is a very healthy weight (the “average” for his age). Seems to be very healthy otherwise. The nearest vet is hours away, so we haven’t been able to take a stool sample yet. Wanted to see what you all said first!
Let me know if there is anything else! Thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It was probably the foods you introduced to him - his stool should look like this firm moist and dark - the urate firm moist and white --- if there is more liquid that sometimes happens -- if the smell is enough to drive you from the room it is possible parasites -- its gonna have smell of course but if its that bad it could be parasites so if its not driving you from the room I would say your ok -- if you take a pic of it and post it and some of us can look at it and tell you
Karrie

beardiebaby19

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Will the smell of it worsen if left under the lights? I think he pooped awhile before she went in there. He pooped in the morning and I asked her to come in and see if it was bad. I couldn’t smell anything, so I wanted to see if she could. She said it did not smell at all. I think it might have just been the light. He poops a healthy amount and it on has gotten bad this last day. It just seems he’s gotten a lot of water, so I’m sure that is the problem. I will keep an eye on it and will continue to seek help if it gets worse. Thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes the smell will be bad if its parasites -- you can post a pic of it and we can look --
Karrie

beardiebaby19

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Sorry I think what I said was confusing. If left directly in the basking area, will it worsen the smell? I find it doesn’t smell as bad if it’s on his “cool” side. My mom did not notice a smell at all when it was fresh and out of the light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom