Beardie has "fat" beard **not angry or black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacobsherps

Hatchling Member
So my beardie turns 1 in about a week and his beard is getting just fat and lumpy, sobek is my first and oldest dragon and i have never seen this, is it normal.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Firstly, welcome to the site!
You should head to the introduction section and introduce Sobek (and the rest of your crew if you have more) to us.

We love pictures here, you can use this link to upload to this site:
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/
From there, you can copy and paste the XIMG code to your post, it will show up as a picture.

Now onto the topic of your thread, we really do need pics to see whats going on :)

It can either be weight related, or sometimes some dragons tend to hold food in their throats, and it really stretches them out.
If it's asymmetrical, it could be a growth that needs to be looked at, but pictures should tell :)

-Brandon

Jacobsherps

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
XIMG]

I think i did it???

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You don't need the img tags if you use the ximg code. If you use the other codes though you will need the img tags :)

-Brandon

Jacobsherps

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
107025-6731310910.jpg
Hes almost one is it like a beardie puberty thing or i read some thing about "eye popping" wich i caught him doing once

Jacobsherps

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
This is my new guy red i adopted and hes agresive wich im working with him on but thats kind of a comparision

107025-7363504828.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, the beard looks quite normal there. :) Your second beardie looks adorably aggressive, trying to be intimidating. :lol: H/she should settle in after a while, although some do remain more of a live wire but you can always work with them.

Jacobsherps

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I think he stores food in his throat Because its usually like that for an hour or two after he eats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom