My beardie ate fabric from fake plant

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarienSam

Hey guys, I recently got my beardie, Sammy, previous owner says he’s 8months old. I’ve had him for less than 2 months.

I put a fake plant inside his terrarium and left for a few hours. When i came back, i noticed he bit/ate about an inch or less off the fake leave.
He hasnt pooped, today marks the second day since the incident.
I fed him regularly yesterday and he has no problem eating and he is not behaving any weirder than usual. I also gave him a few drops of olive oil, I dropped some on his nose and he licked once and thats it.
The only issue is he hasnt pooped. He usually poops daily and it was only in the beginning that he went a few days without pooping.
Should i continue feeding him normally?
How long should i wait until I really start freaking out if he doesnt poop??

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Silly beardies! I've seen a lot of threads like this, and I think the general answer is that they can pass a fair number of things safely and it's just a matter of waiting for it to happen. The main worries come in when food is too large or they eat something toxic. I'd just proceed as usual an monitor at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom