Info on mites? Pics included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PathfinderMom91

Hatchling Member
Does anyone have information on mites? I was recently out with friends and some of them have experience with reptiles. They had a savannah monitor. I was telling them my issue with my beardie not eating in his own. The discussion of mites came up and they said that I should quarantine my bearded dragon and use a mite spray. At home, I did some googling on mites and bearded dragons. While I was syringe feeding him, I noticed some black dots, not sure if these are mites or I’m just overthinking things. Don’t mind the food on my hands, feeding time can get a bit messy. Lol

106536-1705605020.jpg

106536-1239962001.jpg

106536-2834971110.jpg

106536-898010000.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Those black marks are just stress marks. Not mites at all :)

If you google bearded dragon stress marks you'll see lots of pictures like that.

-Brandon

PathfinderMom91

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":4r9krq4t said:
Hi there,

Those black marks are just stress marks. Not mites at all :)

If you google bearded dragon stress marks you'll see lots of pictures like that.

-Brandon

Ah thank you for the clarification. I knew the black stripes were stress marks, just didn’t think the dots were too. My husband already ordered a mite spray, should I still use it as maintenance or no?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't. No point in treating what isn't there :) If he just ordered, hopefully he can cancel the order for a refund.

Mites aren't really that common of a problem so it's not even really something the average hobbyist needs to keep on hand.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom