Info on mites? Pics included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PathfinderMom91

Hatchling Member
Does anyone have information on mites? I was recently out with friends and some of them have experience with reptiles. They had a savannah monitor. I was telling them my issue with my beardie not eating in his own. The discussion of mites came up and they said that I should quarantine my bearded dragon and use a mite spray. At home, I did some googling on mites and bearded dragons. While I was syringe feeding him, I noticed some black dots, not sure if these are mites or I’m just overthinking things. Don’t mind the food on my hands, feeding time can get a bit messy. Lol

106536-1705605020.jpg

106536-1239962001.jpg

106536-2834971110.jpg

106536-898010000.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Those black marks are just stress marks. Not mites at all :)

If you google bearded dragon stress marks you'll see lots of pictures like that.

-Brandon

PathfinderMom91

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":4r9krq4t said:
Hi there,

Those black marks are just stress marks. Not mites at all :)

If you google bearded dragon stress marks you'll see lots of pictures like that.

-Brandon

Ah thank you for the clarification. I knew the black stripes were stress marks, just didn’t think the dots were too. My husband already ordered a mite spray, should I still use it as maintenance or no?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't. No point in treating what isn't there :) If he just ordered, hopefully he can cancel the order for a refund.

Mites aren't really that common of a problem so it's not even really something the average hobbyist needs to keep on hand.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom