Tail trauma - rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashabou

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and to owning a bearded dragon! I got Bruce from Petsmart a week ago. When I got him, he was shedding, and I noticed his tail had a cinch about a cm from the tip, looked like it was going to fall off with the shed. But after reading more about tail rot with trauma (assuming it was trauma), I'm worried that I should be taking action. He measures to be 2 months old. Could y'all please give me your advice?

Tashabou

Original Poster
library

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Tashabou":3dgjv5aw said:
Code:
[img]http://s38.photobucket.com/user/tashabou/library/[/img]

You did this right, except you want to copy the link to the specific picture you want to post, not your whole library :)

-Brandon

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That tip was damaged from either retained shed or possibly a bite. It looks like it will just fall off and probably not be a problem. You can dab it with Neosporin daily just in case but I've seen that type of small injury before + they usually just fall off.

Tashabou

Original Poster
AHBD":1bwm54od said:
That tip was damaged from either retained shed or possibly a bite. It looks like it will just fall off and probably not be a problem. You can dab it with Neosporin daily just in case but I've seen that type of small injury before + they usually just fall off.

Thanks so much! I will do the neosporin. He has been scratching a bit like he’s ready for another shed so hopefully it will fall off this time

Tashabou

Original Poster
claudiusx":2n5dvif6 said:
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/
Use that link to upload and then you can use the XIMG to post your picture :)

Once we see it we can better advise you :)

-Brandon

And thanks Brandon for your help with the pic uploads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom