Weight, Size, and Eating

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am posting here since the "Rusty, The Almighty" thread should be for his progression.

We got a baby bearded dragon on the 19th of last month. He has not grown at all, and has lost weight (19 grams -> 17 grams). He doesn't eat a whole lot. Maybe 4 roaches a day. I know they need to eat a lot more (10-20 in one sitting). I have moved his UVB bulb inside the tank, but he still isn't eating as much today.

He still runs around when we have him out of the enclosure, but it's worrying me that he's not eating as much as he NEEDS to be eating to grow.

My temps and all other information for husbandry, can be found on this forum

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I re read your story and I am guessing Rusty is going thru relocation stress still --- its going to take a little while for everything to kick in as far as eating but he should not completely quit eating--- the moving of the UVB will help -- has he been sitting under it ?
Karrie

JohnVLillywhite

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2uaxn7jr said:
I re read your story and I am guessing Rusty is going thru relocation stress still --- its going to take a little while for everything to kick in as far as eating but he should not completely quit eating--- the moving of the UVB will help -- has he been sitting under it ?
Karrie
I’ve heard relocation stress can take a while. He has not completely stopped eating. Just not eating as much as he should. He’s not sitting directly under it, but he’s in an area where he will get UVB.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok good-- as long as he's eating I wouldn't worry about him-- his appetite will pick up w/ all the lighting and basking temps being good- make sure he stays hydrated- my 5 1/2 month old gets alot of his water out of his greens he's eating-- I serve them wet along w/ bsfl and a few superworms- and his dubias are fed well too so- keep an eye on his poops that will tell you alot
Karrie

JohnVLillywhite

Original Poster
So good news. Today, Rusty ate about 20 small roaches, 1 medium roach, and a decent amount of greens and butternut squash.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Good boy!! :) He should be fine --- just make sure hes getting enough water too
Karrie

JohnVLillywhite

Original Poster
KarrieRee":31q4zl3q said:
Good boy!! :) He should be fine --- just make sure hes getting enough water too
Karrie
He drinks water in his daily baths, and he is learning about his water bowl. He'll drink out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom