Parasites

Status
Not open for further replies.

FESTUS

Hey, I'm looking into getting a bearded dragon. I've wanted one for a while now and have done tones of research. 1 thing I cant find though.
I already own a green cheek conure. I am curious to know if having them both in the same house as they will both be out of their enclosures a lot cause health issues. Like do birds carry some parasites harmful to berries? Or do dragons carry some harmful ones toward birds?
Thanks

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I dont think youd need to worry about cross contamination. However dragons are absolutely terrified of birds. It is one of their top natural predators. So keep that in mind. As a view of the bird likely will extremely stress out your dragon.

Otherwise, I doubt you have anything to worry about as far as parasites go.

-Brandon

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
I have my beardie in a room away from my birds so he doesn't have to live in fear or in constant stress. He gets out /sunny window time in that room, and they get out time in their room. As far as cross-contamination, I would think that's only a concern if either animal spends time where the other poops. Just having them in the same house is fine. :0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom