How long does shedding last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasnene

Hatchling Member
Hello wonderful people :D my Yeti is still shedding, At least she is eating. I had a lot of good help from this great forum. I would say she has been shedding for about a month. I have been giving her baths and I do not pull anything off, is there any thing else I should do to make this process less irritating for her?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Young ones are growing so quickly they can end one shed and go right into another. The duration of the shed cycles really varies between sheds too. As they get older and stop growing so quickly their sheds become less frequent and often more patchy. I don't usually interfere with sheds aside from providing something rough like bark or carpet for them to rub up against as needed.

Tasnene

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":1qet2hvj said:
Young ones are growing so quickly they can end one shed and go right into another. The duration of the shed cycles really varies between sheds too. As they get older and stop growing so quickly their sheds become less frequent and often more patchy. I don't usually interfere with sheds aside from providing something rough like bark or carpet for them to rub up against as needed.

That’s a great idea , I see she uses her basking area to scratch herself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom