Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Drogon <3 RIP 2019- March 11, 2024 Lily: new girl in the house/ 5 months old
Hello!

Please check my post for tank setup before answering:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=251767

I've been told that misting is good for beardies. Mine doesn't really like it, but he's not into greens and he looks dehydrated every morning, so I try to encourage him by misting the hammock and surrounding walls, but I'm careful about too close to his face. Seriously, he has to eat worms with his greens -__- just no interest.

I've been noticing that when Drogon is in hunt mode or sits with me, you can see his sides go in and out, but it seems like exaggerated breathing. No popping noise, phlegm, etc. I tried to see what normal beardie breathing looks like on youtube with no luck.

Is it normal to take deep breaths when hunting or out of their environment?

Thanks!
Selkie

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Yes. Both can temporarily raise excitement (Adrenalin) levels--not necessarily to the point of "stress"-- however they should eventually calm down again.

Basking--OTOH--may produce very calm ("zen"?) levels, so getting a handle on "normal" may not be that easy.

Doesn't sound to me like anything to worry about.

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Drogon <3 RIP 2019- March 11, 2024 Lily: new girl in the house/ 5 months old
MrSpectrum":3dyxpst9 said:
Yes. Both can temporarily raise excitement (Adrenalin) levels--not necessarily to the point of "stress"-- however they should eventually calm down again.

Basking--OTOH--may produce very calm ("zen"?) levels, so getting a handle on "normal" may not be that easy.

Doesn't sound to me like anything to worry about.

Hey there!

Thanks so much for the help :)

Selkie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom